2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
MONEY PIT
By moneypit10 on 01/13/14 18:12 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Value Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Since I bought this van at 22,000 miles it's needed a $1200 engine seal, new windshield wiper motor, new headlights because they leak water into them. Now it's at 50,000 miles and it needs a tune up. I wonder what else will go wrong with it. It just keeps costing me money. This has not been a good vehicle to own. The only good thing about this van is that it's 11 years old with only 50,000 miles on it and the interior and exterior look like new. Too bad what's under the hood can't be more reliable. I give this 10 thumbs down and 20 raspberries. I will never buy another chevy.

Discontinued for good reason.
By Iversjohnson on 04/23/09 13:48 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Value Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Year one - transmission rebuild, brakes gone at 22000, interior lighting failing, engine overheating in summer. Year two - additional interior lighting failure, power door locks no longer function, lift gate strap pulls off, arm rests come loose on driver door and front passenger door, engine still overheating after several repairs. Year three - down to two or three dash lights no center console lights left, engine still overheating after additional repairs, transmission shifting hard and clunking (dealer replacement in year one). Year four plus - barely driveable despite regular maintenance and numerous dealer repairs.

Never Again
By Never again on 01/12/09 15:48 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Value Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Started with electrical problems early on, door latch mech. fixed 2 times, wanted me to pay for the 3rd. Then replacement of a failed lower intake manifold gasket - read dex-cool - $700.00. Now service engine soon light flashing - helacoile rocker stu. & hardware $239. on 1/2007. Same thing on 11/2007 - $239...and my favorite 1/12/2009 - 6 failed, will fix for $2,500. Worst car experience I've ever had..$3,100. for a dealer trade-in - I can't even do that, not worth fixing. Thinking of painting it yellow and parking it in front of the dealership.

Wish they still made them
By John Beisner on 05/24/06 10:11 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Value Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is our second Venture and they have both performed beautifully. The only thing we don't like relate to the size of the seats - they are too long and the seats cut into the back of the knees, especially on long trips. We consistently get 26-28 mpg on the road. The Venture handles mountains with ease and neither venture has required anything other than normal maintenance. I'm disappointed that Chevy stopped producing them as we are in the market for a new one (we realize that the "Plain Jane" model we now have would be more enjoyable with power items and sunroof, etc). We'll probably purchase a Cobalt now as we have moved to a different stage of our life. We have always loved the styling.

Wonderful and fun to drive
By Rhonda on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Value Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I am a soccer mom and I spend a lot of time in my Venture. It is a great van for anyone with an active life.

A Venture Review
By Mcfrdmn on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Standard Driving for a basic van No more No less