Used 2003 Chevrolet Venture LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

Reliable Van, Some Mechanical Probelms
By akk050708

2003 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my van in 2010 with 100,000 miles on it already. Here it is Feb.2014 and I have put almost 71,000 miles on it. When I bought it, it had a transmission slipping problem. I drive it daily with this problem & as long as you don't gun it at a dead stop, & give it time to shift from reverse to drive it doesn't slip. But does have tranny issues. I have also had my ABS go out at about 140,000 miles. I still can drive it daily & has never failed me even with those issues. I have had some break repairs done, but other than that it's been regular routine maintenance. I would buy this van again if they had newer models. It's been extremely reliable, never stranded me & my family.

Transmission. I have seen tranny problems have been a on going issue with this van. I am lucky that my vans transmission problems have never gotten any worse or effected it's driving as long as you are easy upon take off & don't punch it right out of shifting dears. It does struggle in snow, & ice tranny slips trying to climb through tough spots. Has been extremely reliable otherwise. I have been able to start it up & go with no hassles for almost 71,000 miles now. The van has been good to us. I am looking to replace it however now that I have the money. I worry about it's life span with tranny issues & no ABS.I would recommend this van if it checked out. It gets great gas mileage!!

comfy with extras, but serious flaws
By busdriverjosh

2003 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this used and had a transmission solenoid go out in two months. Soon after the ABS and AWD started to quit. You can turn the ignition off to reset it but it's still a pain. Also, the wipers have a design flaw that allows the area to fill with snow and ice so the spring breaks if it's not cleaned out before use. We like it and it has a lot of room and great features, but it's just not reliable.

Rear climate control, auto sliding doors, roomy

change the wiper wells

A Nice Choice
By Jerome Miranda

2003 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle rides smoothly and quietly. I cannot see paying thousands more for the additional supposed reliability, etc. of either the Toyota or Honda comparable product, although both are also excellent vehicles. My only complaint is with the gas mileage, 25 mpg tops for "highway". Excellent drive in snow and rain. Flexible seating allows for multiple use under varying conditions. No water leaks, no nuisance issues, no performance issues.

Traction control, lighting options, and eight seat (comfortable) seating. Love the auto on/off headlights. Easy to change oil and access engine compartment.

This vehicle rides like a solid, safe SUV and I am not sure the gas mileage could be improved without a compromise that I would not entertain. 28 mpg "highway" seems to be achievable. I'm not sure of the size of the gas tank but 25 gallons would have been nice. Book says 20 but I beleive it is >.

But This Van
By doublell1

2003 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This van is by for the best van for the year. Just got back from a 3500 mile road trip. Smooth ride on interstate and 2 and 4 lane back roads. Mileage was good at around 25-28 with a full load of people and cargo. Next one will be an '05. Too bad Chevy replaced it with a Uplander!

All the seats come out, rear air, built in car seat

More power, better headlight or an H.I.D upgrade

I love my van!
By Caroline9971

2003 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This van has more than enough room for all. The seating is changable enough to handle my crazy shopping (food sometimes and lumber other times). Great to drive and looks good too. A class act for someone who doesn't want to be a mini-van mommy but has to be.