2003 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
My Last GM Product
By soind on 05/08/08 09:10 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This van started falling apart at about 50000 miles. Door handles breaking, DVD player quit working, backup sensors quit working, seat side plastic plate broke to name a few. It now has 105,000 miles on it and I took it to the dealer with a list of things I would like to have repaired and asked them to give the van a good once over for problems. The total came up to roughly $5,000. The good ol' manifold gakset needed replaced, new shocks and struts, new brakes and rotors, a new computer, new plugs and wires and they wanted $183 dollars to fix the cheap plastic seat side plate. I'm going to have the stuff repaired, but not by those crooks. My 1997 Nissan Quest has 206,000 miles. Hmmm.

Great Family Vehicle
By ckp on 01/19/06 20:47 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We've had out van for 3 years, and we love it. The dual power sliding doors, DVD entertainment, and 8 passenger seating are awesome. We drove 2006 Toyota and Honda models hoping to upgrade some new features, like the side windows that roll all the way down. There are some nice new toys, but all in all, the ride, comfort, and seating provided by our van can't be beat. We can still fit our family of 5 very comfortably in the van with the rear seat folded flat and loaded down for vacation. We didn't find any other van with seating that compared to the 3 buckets in ours. All the other features are still very similar. Buy a good used Venture, and save your money over the new versions.

This Chevy Venture is our last U.S. car
By chris beyer on 01/01/06 09:29 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car because of a great deal that resulted from being a GM supplier (my company). This 2003 Chevrolet Venture Warner edition is a piece of junk. At 40,000 miles, the rear hatch pneumatic devices that hold it up when loading failed. At 50,000 miles the traction control and cruise control don't work anymore. We wonder what's next. The engine (176 HP six cylinder) accelerates more like a 4 cylinder. The interior build quality is poor throughout. All in all the vehicle is a piece of junk. GM deserves to lose marketshare with products like the Venture.

Practical, lots of nice features
By CPHV on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We traded down - or up? - from a 94 Suburban. The Venture has AWD, not 4WD, and gets 12 mpg better. The DVD, wireless headphones are great for our 5-year-old on long trips. There's lots of room for people and their stuff. We had to have a AWD sensor replaced but a year and a half later, we are as pleased with the Venture as when we bought it.

2003 Venture Warner Bros
By JerryV on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

So far the 2003 Venture has been a very reliable and versatile vehicle. It is comfortable on long trips and the gas mileage is averaging around 21 miles per gal. I have used it for trips to the lumber yard to pick up lumber and materials and with all rears seats folding flat is makes it very easy to load.

Great van
By copo on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This van drives like a car. Out of the other vans I drove this van gives more bang for the buck. It has good power,yet good gas mileage. I got the Warner Brother package for only $22,400.

Seating for 8
By novemberme on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have the WB edition. We have seating for 8. It's a solid vehicle. I am not blown away by it but I am not disappointed in it either. The third seat will fit three mid-sized kids. Don't bother putting a car seat back there if you need all the seating positions - it will take up two. The middle seating position in both rows only has a lap belt. It is also difficult to get the outer seats in the second row to pop forward to enter the back row. On the positive side, the van has great pickup - it doesn't lag even with the A/C. Cargo is good. Seating is confortable and the ride is smooth. Dual power doors are a nice bonus too.

Best mini van in the market
By Diego on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is by far the best family vehicle I've ever owned.

Service gets to see it alot
By Kristin68 on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have to say when I first got the Venture, I was thrilled. It fit 8 people comfortably, the kids had room and entertainment. However, in 1 year I have had the brakes replaced and the rotors. The rotors cannot be turned on a Venture....strike one Then we had to get a new Hub Kit...the wheel bearing went....strike 2 Not sure I would get this one again. Expensive van and something we purchase as a safe reliable family vehicle.

My vacation
By jayb on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My first Venture was a lemon being towed three times in one week. The last time being the Friday I was leaving for Vacation. My plans where to go to Florida with my grandchildren and spending the day in a dealer ship (Meisner)was not my idea of a good start. After getting a lawyer and GM buying that one we really liked the van so we went to a different dealership and purchase our new one. We have not had any problems with this one and its great when you have 5 grandchildren.