2002 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Review: Purchased in Vermont

2002 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Review

Purchased in Vermont
By Judy on

2002 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We traded in a '97 Ford Expedition and I was expecting a drop in performance with the AWD vs. 4WD. My 2nd day with the Venture I got caught in an ice storm. It handles so much better than our Expedition that I am in shock. It even has more interior room than the Ford. Tri-mode audio is a God-send for our family and the remote sliding door helps at school dropoffs and on shopping trips with arms full of packages--no need to fish for keys. Most enjoyable vehicle I have ever owned.

Versatrak AWD system gives more control than 4WD '97Expedition. Lighting:dusk-sensing headlamps &int lights&radio w/auto on&off at sensible times--hard to drive a "normal" vehicle now. Pwr door:Easy to shop (arms full? no problem!)or shut door kids forgot. Rear Climate Controls

Expand the tri-mode audio. It has stopped a lot of sibling arguments, but now they argue over "which" radio station, tape, or CD. Four sets of headphones equaling four options (plus for the driver) would be perfect.