2002 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Review: Not sure what to think

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Review

Not sure what to think
By str8stack71 on

2002 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This van is very family friendly. Roomy interior, good gas mileage, lots of storage spaces. However, this is my first Chevy I have owned. In four years the engine continually loses coolant, the fan motor and switch on heat/ac controls has broken. The glovebox hinge has broken. Instead of having the typical plastic hinges, this van has one solid piece of plastic that runs the length of the bottom of the glovebox and after opening the glove box from time to time the plastic hinge has broken. It reminds me of taking a credit card and bending it in half until it breaks.

Favorite Features

I love the overhead controls, power side doors, storage box under passenger seat, and multiple cup holders. OnStar is a nice option on this vehicle. Built in child seats are wonderful.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality interior would be nice along with a console between front seats. stow and go storage would be a plus also. Back seats could use some comfort measures also. Stiff and rigid back seats... kids dont seem to mind.... but they are not the most comfortable for adults.