Used 2002 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

Good Van
By Z

2002 Chevrolet Venture LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van new and think overpaid for it at 27K. My other choice was a Honda Odyssey, but dealer did not want to reduce price. Overall the van has performed well. Drove from NC to Colorado, and then to San Diego and back without problems. Has a good soft ride, OK gas mileage, and good interior features. Wish it had better cup holders in front and better storage in center console. Front seat rear pockets have come apart at the upper corners from kids pulling on them. Storage space is great. It seats 8, but second row is too low to the floor. Overall I am happy with the van. I dislike the fast depreciation when compared with its Japanese counterparts. You should get a good deal on this van when buying used

Ride, storage space, seats 8. AC/heat dual control front and rear. Rear parking aid.Traction and stabilization in the snow. Integrated child seat. Dual automatic sliding doors. Easy to maneuver.

Depreciation, front seat rear pockets coming apart, should get more support at upper corners. Raise the second row seats. Integrated air pump too weak. Make the air filter in engine compartment easier to replace. More speakers needed, only has 4. OK sound, but could use a better stereo.

very comfortable for long rides
By Joyce

2002 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car after driving an Outback to Chicago and knowing I couldn't drive it for long rides. So I bought this and 3 weeks later drove to Denver, 1700 miles. Since then I've driven it 4 times to Denver and twice to Dallas. It's extremely comfortable, reasonable gas mileage, and a huge cargo space. I'd buy another one if they still made them.

I'd say the best part is the huge cargo area.

The only improvement would be to put in stow and go seating.

Great when it works...but rarely works
By cschroed

2002 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall we were satisfied with the Venture. Unfortunately, we're on our third hub/bearing assembly at 60,000 miles. The rear heat controls fail intermittently and blast the back seats with straight hot air. The brake fluid low light comes on for no reason. Our intake manifold gasket leaks coolant, and the air conditioner stopped working this week. It's a great van when it works, but there's always something wrong with it. Unfortunately most of these issues are well known to Venture owners and don't seem to be addressed by Chevy. Most of these problems happened shortly after the warranty expired.

The AWD system is excellent. The DVD entertainment system is great for road trips with the kids, and we use the OnStar personal calling regularly.

Build quality. Build quality. Build quality. As much as it pains me to say it, this is the last GM vehicle I'll ever own.

Buy warrantee
By Chevrolet Venture L

2002 Chevrolet Venture LT AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

With less than 45000 miles I have replaced 4 wheel bearings, the left front was replaced twice. Now my light is on telling me I probably have another bearing going out. I've had a tie-rod replaced, and most of my driving is done on paved streets. The side doors never sound like they are shut tight. In my opinion they are under powered for the weight they are pulling.

The AWD is nice in winter, but that is the model that seems to have the bearing problem. 7 passenger seating is a plus. Making cabin filters easier to get to was a good move.

Have wheel bearings made by someone who knows what they are doing. Not a vehicle I would recommend to a friend.

Great minivan
By Dave

2002 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this minivan for 3.5 years. The only time it has been in the shop is for oil changes and tire rotations. It is very reliable and I have been pleasantly suprised with the fuel economy. I couldnt ask for a better vehicle, for thousands less than some of its competitors.

Compass, outside temp, RDS radio, integrated child seat, split bench seats which fold up easily.

Make seats dissapear into the floor like some of the competitors.