Used 2002 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Venture

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

The worst vehicle I have ever owned
By andrew

2002 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

31K two original tires replaced for odd bulges and noises. 44k both rear brake slave cylinders leaking brake fluid. 45k cd player stops playing. 47k lower manifold intake gasket failing and fuel filter leaking gas. 53k rack and pinion leaking power steering fluid and upper intake gasket leaking oil. This vehicle has been well maintained, regular oil changes etc. Even so It's in the shop alot! I don't care what kind of deal your getting, beware, spend your money else where!

Favorite Features

gas mileage has been good

Suggested Improvements

reliability would be an improvement

Nice Van
By Brian

2002 Chevrolet Venture LT AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used w/ 116K miles, now at 143K. Intake manifold started leaking; repair mostly covered under extended warranty. One power sliding door doesn't work; left wiper runs off the windshield; Rear end fluid had to be replaced (common problem with Versatrak AWD); occasional wheel sensor problem which disables ABS and AWD; already rusting; Despite these problems the van has never left me stranded.

Favorite Features

AWD goes through snow like it isn't there. Lots of room; fit entire kingsize mattress and box springs in the back. Nice sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Intake manifold gasket that doesn't fail. Quality of features like the sliding doors.

How do I hate my venture... let me count
By Disgruntled Owner

2002 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My venture was purchased as a rebound in 2002 from an unhelpful Honda dealership (no negot. On an Odyssey). If only I had a time machine and could undo this horrendous mistake. Yes, it was loaded with stuff, yes, it was peppy, yes, my kids loved the dvd player. Here's what I didn't know. Less than a year after buying the van, the manifold gasket went. Then the ac went, after soaking the interior carpet with drips from the condenser. The power sliding door fell off in 2004. The windshield wipers failed after the circuit board got wet (built into the motor, Nice). I have been told by many mechanics that this was a big mistake to ever buy this van.

Favorite Features

That it has not caught on fire and killed me and my family yet.

Suggested Improvements

Recall them all, melt them down, and provide a voucher to buy a used Honda.

Two Transmissions in 150K
By Heather Thurs

2002 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, I love the Venture. No problems with entertainment system, power doors, or comfort etc. Dissappointed to replace transmission at 104,000 miles. Extremely disappointed to have replaced again at 150,000. Proper maintainance schedules have been followed.

Favorite Features

Triple play ET system, traction drive

Suggested Improvements

The built in, infant car seat needs to be where it can be moved to any seating arrangement. Need to have more than one infant car seat. I would like to see adjustable headlamps.

Rust Bucket
By slim

2002 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We really liked this van until the quarters started to rust through. The area where it all comes together under the doors(looks like 3 layers spot welded) started to rust 2 years into it. Very hard area to touch up and dealer would not attemp to repair it. Only option was to drill a few small holes and spray oil into it. This retards the rust put looks like crap. Hearing horror stories from others about the head gasket. With 80k on it now I kinda cringe every time I drive it. Tried to sell it, nobody wants it so I guess I will beat it into the ground.

Favorite Features

Huge cargo area with all rear seats out! Nice ride with enough power