2002 Chevrolet Venture Value Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

2002 Venture Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

Sort Reviews by

I Love My Warner Bros.Edition!
By tawnie

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had little to no problems with my van. It makes road trips a blast and is very comfortable not to mention roomy I have driven my family all over and have only had to pay for recurring maintenance and minor repairs. I would definitely buy this van again.

Favorite Features

Remote dual sliding doors, DVD player, room for everyone and everything. I love the premium sound and the easy to move and fold seating.

Suggested Improvements

Sadly they don't make it anymore so I won't be able to upgrade. Maybe plusher seats stronger air force in the AC heating system.

Nice features, mechanical problems
By mom3

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Lots of nice features to enjoy, but would really like to see more rear seating options like a split 3rd row seat. The spare tire is a real hassle to get to. Poor performance going up a hill.

Favorite Features

OnStar, leather seats, park aid

Suggested Improvements

Split 3rd row seat, better power for hills.

Too many problems, going to Honda
By Brad

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have had to replace the A/C condensor at 60,000 miles. The rocker panels are both rusted due to open seams at the welds. My local dealer says that nothing can be done because it is past the warranty although it is a defect. It is currently losing oil at about 2 quarts per 4000 miles. Probably a bad head gasket. I am trying to trade it, but the trade in offers are only around $4300. Terrible for a vehicle that stickered for $26000 4.5 years ago. We had a Montana previously that had to be towed three times. The last time was for a shot transmission at 37000 miles while I was 600 miles from home. I must say that after a nasty discussion, GM did replace the transmission at no cost.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, roominess, and interior design.

Suggested Improvements

Offer a better warranty and repair defects regardless of mileage unless the vehicle is ready for the scrap heap.

Great Value
By CKeever

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have really enjoyed my Venture Warner Brothers van versus my friend's other brands of minivans. For the year, it was the first van to have the DVD loader up front, so I can control my kids' DVDs while I drive. I love that I can carry a total of 8 people in the van comfortably. Most of the other vans on the market carry only 7. I also love the parking sensors. We have only had 2 problems with the van, so for the mileage, that is really not bad at all. We have never had a problem with the DVD player, or other parts, but did need some a minor repair of an oil pan leak. Overall, we've taken our van from sea level to the peaks of Colorado and have really loved the vehicle.

Favorite Features

Seats 8 people. DVD player/rear CD player/headphones. Backing sensors. Ease of folding the seats. Leather/cloth combo seats.

Suggested Improvements

I would like the automatic door to function with the outside handle a little easier. Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing.

Venture van
By Joe

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Venture is a good mini van. Mine has stood up well for 4 years with both in town and highway driving

Favorite Features

Adjustable seats

Suggested Improvements

Better front glass. It seems to be weak, cracks by only small rocks.

Great vehicle
By Jim F.

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This has been one of (if not THE) best vehicles I have ever owned. All controls and gauges are handy and accurate. The built-in tire inflater is wonderful. Acceleration is good and mileage is as good as can be expected for a vehicle this size. The rear compartment is very roomy with the seats folded up.

Favorite Features

Visibility. Seat comfort. Handling with touring package is great, loaded or empty.

Suggested Improvements

Ride is stiff with touring package. No indicator light that tells you are in cruise. Sliding power door not very reliable

Nice Van - Gaskets stink
By Lorne

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Typical thing with GM vehicles I have ever purchased. Always something wrong that is notorious with it. Rear disc brakes seizing in the early 90's cars. Now with this engine the head hasket and/or intake gasket is crap. Seems everyone has this problem. But GM won't fix it. No wonder people are buying foreign. I would love to stay domestic, but I can't afford the $3000 repair bills on something they know is a problem. This problem really takes away a comfortable van with lots of room and good gas economy.

Favorite Features

Bucket seats and lots of room

Suggested Improvements

Stand by your vehicle. Use proven build techniques. Don't hide routine maintenance parts where no one can get at it. Ie. spark plugs & wires.

Dissapointing
By Mark

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Nice van, but a royal piece of garbage, GM made a serious design flaw in its intake manifold gasket, admitting fault but refusing to look after its customers. I now have engine damage on an otherwise good vehicle.GM made a serious mistake here, this is my first and last GM product. Based strictly on GM NOT standing behind their product. I have had a much better experience with Chrysler, and should have stuck with them. Lesson here GM is in huge financial trouble, why because people are purchasing vehicules from manufacturers that stand behind them.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

None

Love my Venture!
By imokru

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My wife uses this van to drive back and forth to work, in Lake Michigan shoreline driving conditions, and loves it. We also take it all over the United States in the summer (we are both teachers). It has performed like a champ. We have crossed the deserts of Arizona and New Mexico, climbed the Rocky Mountains, and cruized the Great Lakes region extensively. We love this van, and will be sorry to let it go when we finally wear it out and beat it to death (we have kids).

Favorite Features

Doors on both sides to access our kids. Rear air and heat. Tons of cargo space. (All rear seats are removalbe - I can haul 4x8 sheets of drywall, OSB, you name it. Rain or shine-try that with your pickup truck or SUV!

Suggested Improvements

The Pontiac version looks sexier than the Chevy

Not sure what to think
By str8stack71

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This van is very family friendly. Roomy interior, good gas mileage, lots of storage spaces. However, this is my first Chevy I have owned. In four years the engine continually loses coolant, the fan motor and switch on heat/ac controls has broken. The glovebox hinge has broken. Instead of having the typical plastic hinges, this van has one solid piece of plastic that runs the length of the bottom of the glovebox and after opening the glove box from time to time the plastic hinge has broken. It reminds me of taking a credit card and bending it in half until it breaks.

Favorite Features

I love the overhead controls, power side doors, storage box under passenger seat, and multiple cup holders. OnStar is a nice option on this vehicle. Built in child seats are wonderful.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality interior would be nice along with a console between front seats. stow and go storage would be a plus also. Back seats could use some comfort measures also. Stiff and rigid back seats... kids dont seem to mind.... but they are not the most comfortable for adults.