2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
I Love My Warner Bros.Edition!
By tawnie on 10/22/07 14:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had little to no problems with my van. It makes road trips a blast and is very comfortable not to mention roomy I have driven my family all over and have only had to pay for recurring maintenance and minor repairs. I would definitely buy this van again.

Nice features, mechanical problems
By mom3 on 04/17/07 18:45 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Lots of nice features to enjoy, but would really like to see more rear seating options like a split 3rd row seat. The spare tire is a real hassle to get to. Poor performance going up a hill.

Too many problems, going to Honda
By Brad on 04/10/07 08:06 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have had to replace the A/C condensor at 60,000 miles. The rocker panels are both rusted due to open seams at the welds. My local dealer says that nothing can be done because it is past the warranty although it is a defect. It is currently losing oil at about 2 quarts per 4000 miles. Probably a bad head gasket. I am trying to trade it, but the trade in offers are only around $4300. Terrible for a vehicle that stickered for $26000 4.5 years ago. We had a Montana previously that had to be towed three times. The last time was for a shot transmission at 37000 miles while I was 600 miles from home. I must say that after a nasty discussion, GM did replace the transmission at no cost.

Great Value
By CKeever on 10/23/06 18:24 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have really enjoyed my Venture Warner Brothers van versus my friend's other brands of minivans. For the year, it was the first van to have the DVD loader up front, so I can control my kids' DVDs while I drive. I love that I can carry a total of 8 people in the van comfortably. Most of the other vans on the market carry only 7. I also love the parking sensors. We have only had 2 problems with the van, so for the mileage, that is really not bad at all. We have never had a problem with the DVD player, or other parts, but did need some a minor repair of an oil pan leak. Overall, we've taken our van from sea level to the peaks of Colorado and have really loved the vehicle.

Venture van
By Joe on 08/01/06 17:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Venture is a good mini van. Mine has stood up well for 4 years with both in town and highway driving

Great vehicle
By Jim F. on 06/29/06 19:18 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This has been one of (if not THE) best vehicles I have ever owned. All controls and gauges are handy and accurate. The built-in tire inflater is wonderful. Acceleration is good and mileage is as good as can be expected for a vehicle this size. The rear compartment is very roomy with the seats folded up.

Nice Van - Gaskets stink
By Lorne on 06/22/06 20:14 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Typical thing with GM vehicles I have ever purchased. Always something wrong that is notorious with it. Rear disc brakes seizing in the early 90's cars. Now with this engine the head hasket and/or intake gasket is crap. Seems everyone has this problem. But GM won't fix it. No wonder people are buying foreign. I would love to stay domestic, but I can't afford the $3000 repair bills on something they know is a problem. This problem really takes away a comfortable van with lots of room and good gas economy.

Dissapointing
By Mark on 04/26/06 15:49 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Nice van, but a royal piece of garbage, GM made a serious design flaw in its intake manifold gasket, admitting fault but refusing to look after its customers. I now have engine damage on an otherwise good vehicle.GM made a serious mistake here, this is my first and last GM product. Based strictly on GM NOT standing behind their product. I have had a much better experience with Chrysler, and should have stuck with them. Lesson here GM is in huge financial trouble, why because people are purchasing vehicules from manufacturers that stand behind them.

Love my Venture!
By imokru on 12/29/05 15:42 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My wife uses this van to drive back and forth to work, in Lake Michigan shoreline driving conditions, and loves it. We also take it all over the United States in the summer (we are both teachers). It has performed like a champ. We have crossed the deserts of Arizona and New Mexico, climbed the Rocky Mountains, and cruized the Great Lakes region extensively. We love this van, and will be sorry to let it go when we finally wear it out and beat it to death (we have kids).

Not sure what to think
By str8stack71 on 11/10/05 22:06 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This van is very family friendly. Roomy interior, good gas mileage, lots of storage spaces. However, this is my first Chevy I have owned. In four years the engine continually loses coolant, the fan motor and switch on heat/ac controls has broken. The glovebox hinge has broken. Instead of having the typical plastic hinges, this van has one solid piece of plastic that runs the length of the bottom of the glovebox and after opening the glove box from time to time the plastic hinge has broken. It reminds me of taking a credit card and bending it in half until it breaks.