2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
overall Good Vehicle
By 10Lb Dad on 06/18/09 08:50 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Venture used with 33K Miles on it. Overall I am pleased with the van, it is comfortable (I' am 6ft 6" tall) and the power seat is adjustable enough that my wife and I can both find a good seating position. Cargo capacity is excellent, whether people or other. I have hauled upwards of 1500Lbs worth of concrete blocks (the payload rating is 1450 Lbs which is 25lbs less than a std full sized truck!) after I took out the seats(which are quite heavy). I have used this van to haul motorcycles, fire wood, full size sheets of plywood, appliances, etc. The back end is cavernous once all the seats are removed but the seats are a pain to remove compared to Dodge Flip'n-fold.

Much better review
By FH on 02/17/09 21:56 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had a much better ownership than some of the other people in their reviews. The van has done great until 85000 miles and only then did the ac break and the manifold gasket leak. Not a major deal. I can fix both of these with little outlay of money. If care is taken with the car and maintenance performed, it will last a long time. I plan to put 140000 on the car before selling it for another. My gas mileage in town is 22.5 and 28 to 30 on the highway. I drive the speed limit. Give it a try.

I am going to miss my van!
By LOVED IT! on 01/12/09 08:14 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Venture Van in 2004 with 65,000 miles on it. I absolutely loved my van. Had no major issues, plenty of space, the kids loved the DVD player, drove down the East Coast twice! Now with over 142,000 miles the van was totaled in a car accident. Both airbags deployed but everyone including my 13 year old who was sitting in the front passenger seat walked away without injury. I would highly reccommend this vehicle. My only complaint, may be some of the cheaper plastic pieces on the interior, but the safety and reliability win over a few cosmetic pieces on the seat.

What a waste of 21,000 bucks
By gm sucks on 12/20/08 20:58 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Simply put this van is garbage. Very very cheap. Sliding door repaired 4 times. Fuel gauge repaired a/c repaired and gasket repaired all before 52 000 miles. Very uncomfortable. Resale value is horrible. Chrysler vans much better. Ride is noisy very noisy. And what pick up. 180 horses on this van are like 105 horses on Toyota Echo. You are better off paying 7 or 8k more to buy oddyssy and drive a real van that won't fall apart or buy Chrysler.

Unfortunate Mistake
By Rick on 09/12/08 18:08 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Value Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Reluctantly I have been driving mini van's since 1989. I purchased this used in '04. I jumped ship from Chrysler products and now wish I had never jumped. The price was right (dealer was going out of business and dumping inventory cheap) but I have been disappointed since driving it away. I feel like I am in an aluminum can. Road noise is the worst in this vehicle. I can't have a conversation with someone in the rear seat without yelling. I replaced the AC condenser at 42,000 due to a faulty mount. I have 55,000 on it presently and feel like I should get rid of it before it becomes afflicted with the issues I read about (i.e. manifold gasket and head gasket).

The worst vehicle I have ever owned
By andrew on 07/20/08 22:17 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

31K two original tires replaced for odd bulges and noises. 44k both rear brake slave cylinders leaking brake fluid. 45k cd player stops playing. 47k lower manifold intake gasket failing and fuel filter leaking gas. 53k rack and pinion leaking power steering fluid and upper intake gasket leaking oil. This vehicle has been well maintained, regular oil changes etc. Even so It's in the shop alot! I don't care what kind of deal your getting, beware, spend your money else where!

Nice Van
By Brian on 07/10/08 20:28 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used w/ 116K miles, now at 143K. Intake manifold started leaking; repair mostly covered under extended warranty. One power sliding door doesn't work; left wiper runs off the windshield; Rear end fluid had to be replaced (common problem with Versatrak AWD); occasional wheel sensor problem which disables ABS and AWD; already rusting; Despite these problems the van has never left me stranded.

How do I hate my venture... let me count
By Disgruntled Owner on 04/18/08 08:18 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My venture was purchased as a rebound in 2002 from an unhelpful Honda dealership (no negot. On an Odyssey). If only I had a time machine and could undo this horrendous mistake. Yes, it was loaded with stuff, yes, it was peppy, yes, my kids loved the dvd player. Here's what I didn't know. Less than a year after buying the van, the manifold gasket went. Then the ac went, after soaking the interior carpet with drips from the condenser. The power sliding door fell off in 2004. The windshield wipers failed after the circuit board got wet (built into the motor, Nice). I have been told by many mechanics that this was a big mistake to ever buy this van.

Two Transmissions in 150K
By Heather Thurs on 01/13/08 10:25 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, I love the Venture. No problems with entertainment system, power doors, or comfort etc. Dissappointed to replace transmission at 104,000 miles. Extremely disappointed to have replaced again at 150,000. Proper maintainance schedules have been followed.

Rust Bucket
By slim on 11/22/07 09:10 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We really liked this van until the quarters started to rust through. The area where it all comes together under the doors(looks like 3 layers spot welded) started to rust 2 years into it. Very hard area to touch up and dealer would not attemp to repair it. Only option was to drill a few small holes and spray oil into it. This retards the rust put looks like crap. Hearing horror stories from others about the head gasket. With 80k on it now I kinda cringe every time I drive it. Tried to sell it, nobody wants it so I guess I will beat it into the ground.