Used 2002 Chevrolet Venture Warner Brothers Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

Don't buy
By dawn

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Venture. I've had the WB van for 4 year and all it's been is a money pit! The upper intake manifold was replace at 5 years old 68,000 miles, transmission was replaced at 88,000 miles, air shocks, brakes front and back and O2 sensor all replaced within the past few weeks. Now the muffler has a huge whole which is $600. to replace, the low intake gasket is leaking, oil is leaking(had a oil change 500 miles ago and now there's no oil in the van at all). As I talk to other Venture owners and the dealership where I get it worked on at this is a common engine issue! I cringe every time I get into the van! This van as doesn't hold its value and tens to rust out at the sliding doors.

Kids like the DVD when it works, power doors, parking aid, easy to drive anf park.

MOTOR!

Sunk Costs
By Henderson Family

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car for our twins birth. They are now turning six. We have had an issue with every system of the car. We bought it with Onstar as a major selling feature. We were notified that due to a change in the analog, Onstar was no longer being offered. The electrical system is especially terrible. It is a gas guzzler.

The only hope for this car is the entertainment package.

Need better quality on the parts and major systems. Need better mileage.

How do I hate my venture... let me count
By Disgruntled Owner

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My venture was purchased as a rebound in 2002 from an unhelpful Honda dealership (no negot. On an Odyssey). If only I had a time machine and could undo this horrendous mistake. Yes, it was loaded with stuff, yes, it was peppy, yes, my kids loved the dvd player. Here's what I didn't know. Less than a year after buying the van, the manifold gasket went. Then the ac went, after soaking the interior carpet with drips from the condenser. The power sliding door fell off in 2004. The windshield wipers failed after the circuit board got wet (built into the motor, Nice). I have been told by many mechanics that this was a big mistake to ever buy this van.

That it has not caught on fire and killed me and my family yet.

Recall them all, melt them down, and provide a voucher to buy a used Honda.

I Love My Warner Bros.Edition!
By tawnie

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had little to no problems with my van. It makes road trips a blast and is very comfortable not to mention roomy I have driven my family all over and have only had to pay for recurring maintenance and minor repairs. I would definitely buy this van again.

Remote dual sliding doors, DVD player, room for everyone and everything. I love the premium sound and the easy to move and fold seating.

Sadly they don't make it anymore so I won't be able to upgrade. Maybe plusher seats stronger air force in the AC heating system.

Great Value
By CKeever

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have really enjoyed my Venture Warner Brothers van versus my friend's other brands of minivans. For the year, it was the first van to have the DVD loader up front, so I can control my kids' DVDs while I drive. I love that I can carry a total of 8 people in the van comfortably. Most of the other vans on the market carry only 7. I also love the parking sensors. We have only had 2 problems with the van, so for the mileage, that is really not bad at all. We have never had a problem with the DVD player, or other parts, but did need some a minor repair of an oil pan leak. Overall, we've taken our van from sea level to the peaks of Colorado and have really loved the vehicle.

Seats 8 people. DVD player/rear CD player/headphones. Backing sensors. Ease of folding the seats. Leather/cloth combo seats.

I would like the automatic door to function with the outside handle a little easier. Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing.