2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
Don't buy
By dawn on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Venture. I've had the WB van for 4 year and all it's been is a money pit! The upper intake manifold was replace at 5 years old 68,000 miles, transmission was replaced at 88,000 miles, air shocks, brakes front and back and O2 sensor all replaced within the past few weeks. Now the muffler has a huge whole which is $600. to replace, the low intake gasket is leaking, oil is leaking(had a oil change 500 miles ago and now there's no oil in the van at all). As I talk to other Venture owners and the dealership where I get it worked on at this is a common engine issue! I cringe every time I get into the van! This van as doesn't hold its value and tens to rust out at the sliding doors.

Sunk Costs
By Henderson Family on 02/10/10 13:22 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car for our twins birth. They are now turning six. We have had an issue with every system of the car. We bought it with Onstar as a major selling feature. We were notified that due to a change in the analog, Onstar was no longer being offered. The electrical system is especially terrible. It is a gas guzzler.

How do I hate my venture... let me count
By Disgruntled Owner on 04/18/08 08:18 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My venture was purchased as a rebound in 2002 from an unhelpful Honda dealership (no negot. On an Odyssey). If only I had a time machine and could undo this horrendous mistake. Yes, it was loaded with stuff, yes, it was peppy, yes, my kids loved the dvd player. Here's what I didn't know. Less than a year after buying the van, the manifold gasket went. Then the ac went, after soaking the interior carpet with drips from the condenser. The power sliding door fell off in 2004. The windshield wipers failed after the circuit board got wet (built into the motor, Nice). I have been told by many mechanics that this was a big mistake to ever buy this van.

I Love My Warner Bros.Edition!
By tawnie on 10/22/07 14:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had little to no problems with my van. It makes road trips a blast and is very comfortable not to mention roomy I have driven my family all over and have only had to pay for recurring maintenance and minor repairs. I would definitely buy this van again.

Great Value
By CKeever on 10/23/06 18:24 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have really enjoyed my Venture Warner Brothers van versus my friend's other brands of minivans. For the year, it was the first van to have the DVD loader up front, so I can control my kids' DVDs while I drive. I love that I can carry a total of 8 people in the van comfortably. Most of the other vans on the market carry only 7. I also love the parking sensors. We have only had 2 problems with the van, so for the mileage, that is really not bad at all. We have never had a problem with the DVD player, or other parts, but did need some a minor repair of an oil pan leak. Overall, we've taken our van from sea level to the peaks of Colorado and have really loved the vehicle.

Problems from the word go
By hatemyventure on 07/02/05 22:52 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Our van has had problems from the word go. Within two months our driver side window had problems going up and the interior roof liner began sagging. The window, we were always told was due to sand in the track. This is not the case.The liner we were told was a known problem but the engineers don't know how to fix it. Two years and two seasons of owning our van, our condenser for the air conditioning went. We were told it was due to a bad weld but chevy refused to fix it because we were past the warranty in miles. They did offer to fix a head gasket that we were not aware was problematic. In the end before our two year ownership anniversary the van needed $2300 worth of uncovered work.

2002 Chevy Venture WB Edition Review
By Venture Owner on 07/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

You get what you pay for. The amenities are nice & it's a versatile vehicle. Bumpy ride knocks passengers around especially on roads in need of repair, over railroad tracks, and in parking lots with speed bumps and gutters. Had to have several warranty repairs to A/C, reverse sensors, weather stripping. Terrible scraping sound during breaking even though breaks are still over 60% & absent of condensation.

LOTS OF OPTIONS, BUT LACKS DETAIL
By PRUDGRL on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

LOVE MY VAN, BUT GM COULD IMPROVE THE SECOND ROW BY MAKING THE MIDDLE SEAT EASIER TO FLIP FORWARD WITH A LATCH SIMILAR TO THE SIDE SEATS AND BY MAKING THE WINDOWS OPEN IN THE REAR TO WHERE YOU ACTUALLY GET AIR. THE ENGINE START UP SEEMS WEAK. TURNS OVER A LOT THEN FINALLY STARTS. DVD PLAYER SOULD WORK WITH OUT NEEDING THE REMOTE AND SHOULD BE LOCATED IN THE REAR SO THE KIDS CAN INSERT DISC IN STEAD OF THE DRIVER.

So for so good
By dave_hill3 on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

So far nothing has gone wrong. We have taken it on several trips, the kids like the dvd. I got the towing package but I have not used it much yet. I think it will be for short travel towing trips.

great van
By doom on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

very fun to drive, has much better ride than the dodge or ford mini vans.