Used 2002 Chevrolet Venture LT Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

2002 Chevy Venture Mini-Van
By banjowyatt

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Yes, this van has some "minor issues" like no interior light when the door opens, windshield wipers sticking in the upright position and some rear tail-turn signal-brake light problems, but this is a damned good reliable vehicle. It has almost 190,000 miles on it and she is still running smooth.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, with 2 side doors and plenty of passenger and storage space. All the places to plug into.

Suggested Improvements

The dome lights should come on when opening the door.

Great Van!
By Great Van

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this van from a repo auction a year ago. replaced front brakes, and intake gaskets which are normal for this engine. I have put $500 in the van. I have never had any problems with this van! I love it and so do my kids. We love the auto sliding doors and I like the parking aide. I have 170,000 on her and she runs great! Wouldn't hesitate to drive this anywhere. Bought an entertainment center for a big screen home in it.

Favorite Features

Parking Aide, auto sliding doors, huge room with the chairs out.

Suggested Improvements

None

overall Good Vehicle
By 10Lb Dad

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Venture used with 33K Miles on it. Overall I am pleased with the van, it is comfortable (I' am 6ft 6" tall) and the power seat is adjustable enough that my wife and I can both find a good seating position. Cargo capacity is excellent, whether people or other. I have hauled upwards of 1500Lbs worth of concrete blocks (the payload rating is 1450 Lbs which is 25lbs less than a std full sized truck!) after I took out the seats(which are quite heavy). I have used this van to haul motorcycles, fire wood, full size sheets of plywood, appliances, etc. The back end is cavernous once all the seats are removed but the seats are a pain to remove compared to Dodge Flip'n-fold.

Favorite Features

Cargo capacity, could park an Aveo in the back and take it with you (almost). Fuel economy, I get between 22 and 30mpg. My best fuel economy so far is 30.5 mpg! Summertime average is ~28mpg and wintertime with studded snow tires is ~23mpg. Front wheel drive and traction control are excellent in snow

Suggested Improvements

Intake manifold gasket went at 80K Miles(550$ fix). Corrosion is an issue with rocker panels and wheel wells. In Maine and we salt the roads, Not pleased to get a quote of 1500$ to fix the rockers, I had a friend do the work for 500$ but its sad that my cavalier went 250K before having the same prob

What a waste of 21,000 bucks
By gm sucks

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Simply put this van is garbage. Very very cheap. Sliding door repaired 4 times. Fuel gauge repaired a/c repaired and gasket repaired all before 52 000 miles. Very uncomfortable. Resale value is horrible. Chrysler vans much better. Ride is noisy very noisy. And what pick up. 180 horses on this van are like 105 horses on Toyota Echo. You are better off paying 7 or 8k more to buy oddyssy and drive a real van that won't fall apart or buy Chrysler.

Nice features, mechanical problems
By mom3

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Lots of nice features to enjoy, but would really like to see more rear seating options like a split 3rd row seat. The spare tire is a real hassle to get to. Poor performance going up a hill.

Favorite Features

OnStar, leather seats, park aid

Suggested Improvements

Split 3rd row seat, better power for hills.