2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
2002 Chevy Venture Mini-Van
By banjowyatt on 09/19/13 12:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Yes, this van has some "minor issues" like no interior light when the door opens, windshield wipers sticking in the upright position and some rear tail-turn signal-brake light problems, but this is a damned good reliable vehicle. It has almost 190,000 miles on it and she is still running smooth.

Great Van!
By Great Van on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this van from a repo auction a year ago. replaced front brakes, and intake gaskets which are normal for this engine. I have put $500 in the van. I have never had any problems with this van! I love it and so do my kids. We love the auto sliding doors and I like the parking aide. I have 170,000 on her and she runs great! Wouldn't hesitate to drive this anywhere. Bought an entertainment center for a big screen home in it.

overall Good Vehicle
By 10Lb Dad on 06/18/09 08:50 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Venture used with 33K Miles on it. Overall I am pleased with the van, it is comfortable (I' am 6ft 6" tall) and the power seat is adjustable enough that my wife and I can both find a good seating position. Cargo capacity is excellent, whether people or other. I have hauled upwards of 1500Lbs worth of concrete blocks (the payload rating is 1450 Lbs which is 25lbs less than a std full sized truck!) after I took out the seats(which are quite heavy). I have used this van to haul motorcycles, fire wood, full size sheets of plywood, appliances, etc. The back end is cavernous once all the seats are removed but the seats are a pain to remove compared to Dodge Flip'n-fold.

What a waste of 21,000 bucks
By gm sucks on 12/20/08 20:58 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Simply put this van is garbage. Very very cheap. Sliding door repaired 4 times. Fuel gauge repaired a/c repaired and gasket repaired all before 52 000 miles. Very uncomfortable. Resale value is horrible. Chrysler vans much better. Ride is noisy very noisy. And what pick up. 180 horses on this van are like 105 horses on Toyota Echo. You are better off paying 7 or 8k more to buy oddyssy and drive a real van that won't fall apart or buy Chrysler.

Nice features, mechanical problems
By mom3 on 04/17/07 18:45 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Lots of nice features to enjoy, but would really like to see more rear seating options like a split 3rd row seat. The spare tire is a real hassle to get to. Poor performance going up a hill.

Venture van
By Joe on 08/01/06 17:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Venture is a good mini van. Mine has stood up well for 4 years with both in town and highway driving

Good Van
By Z on 06/06/05 14:01 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van new and think overpaid for it at 27K. My other choice was a Honda Odyssey, but dealer did not want to reduce price. Overall the van has performed well. Drove from NC to Colorado, and then to San Diego and back without problems. Has a good soft ride, OK gas mileage, and good interior features. Wish it had better cup holders in front and better storage in center console. Front seat rear pockets have come apart at the upper corners from kids pulling on them. Storage space is great. It seats 8, but second row is too low to the floor. Overall I am happy with the van. I dislike the fast depreciation when compared with its Japanese counterparts. You should get a good deal on this van when buying used

It does the job
By Peoplemover on 12/07/04 15:04 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have had our van for almost three years now and it has served us well. Getting the three seats in the middle has come in handy sometimes as you can fit eight people comfortably. The automatic leveling system has been a fine feature when we pack it for a vacation. Compared to any other van it gets some of the best gas mileage. Unless you do towing, the horsepower is very adequate. We have the two electric sliding doors and I have been amazed at their durability. I used to actually joke to my friends that the door motors would only last three years, but so far so good. My only issue would be that it could use bigger front brakes as it takes much longer to stop with 7 people in the van.

Venture Van
By ************* on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is very practical and does not have the A/C problems or trans problems the dodge and chrysler have. This van gets good fuel economy and has a very good ride. I love the load leveling which is standard on Lt Models. The only downfall is that the engine is a little under powered. Wish for a bigger v-6. (3800)

A good family vehicle
By Clint Goodin on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This van is very roomy, yet gets good gas mileage on long trips (28 mpg). Engine has ample power. Good climate control for both front and back.