Used 2002 Chevrolet Venture LS Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

This van SUCKS
By mogulprinceton

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My housekeeper owns a 2002 Chevy Venture LS V6 FWD that my father brought her in 2001 as a Christmas gift for being a fabulous housekeeper. She clearly loves it and does not want to give it up for even a new 2012 Nissan Quest? ODD but I hate that van, it does not have a quick take off like most vans in that class, the gas gage is broke so she can only use 75% of her tank, the headlights and highbeams are not bright at all. In fact at night you can even see the road well. The interior lights don't work when the doors are open only when you turn the lights on it the van from the switch. It's just a mess. Handling is even worst cause there is so much body roll.

It has a smooth ride in the highway

Much better review
By FH

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had a much better ownership than some of the other people in their reviews. The van has done great until 85000 miles and only then did the ac break and the manifold gasket leak. Not a major deal. I can fix both of these with little outlay of money. If care is taken with the car and maintenance performed, it will last a long time. I plan to put 140000 on the car before selling it for another. My gas mileage in town is 22.5 and 28 to 30 on the highway. I drive the speed limit. Give it a try.

Acceleration for this type vehicle, handling, low maintenance.

Lumbar support on the front seats.

Dissapointing
By Mark

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Nice van, but a royal piece of garbage, GM made a serious design flaw in its intake manifold gasket, admitting fault but refusing to look after its customers. I now have engine damage on an otherwise good vehicle.GM made a serious mistake here, this is my first and last GM product. Based strictly on GM NOT standing behind their product. I have had a much better experience with Chrysler, and should have stuck with them. Lesson here GM is in huge financial trouble, why because people are purchasing vehicules from manufacturers that stand behind them.

None

None

Great minivan
By Dave

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this minivan for 3.5 years. The only time it has been in the shop is for oil changes and tire rotations. It is very reliable and I have been pleasantly suprised with the fuel economy. I couldnt ask for a better vehicle, for thousands less than some of its competitors.

Compass, outside temp, RDS radio, integrated child seat, split bench seats which fold up easily.

Make seats dissapear into the floor like some of the competitors.