Used 2002 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

2002 Chevy Venture Mini-Van
By banjowyatt

2002 Chevrolet Venture LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Yes, this van has some "minor issues" like no interior light when the door opens, windshield wipers sticking in the upright position and some rear tail-turn signal-brake light problems, but this is a damned good reliable vehicle. It has almost 190,000 miles on it and she is still running smooth.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, with 2 side doors and plenty of passenger and storage space. All the places to plug into.

Suggested Improvements

The dome lights should come on when opening the door.

This van SUCKS
By mogulprinceton

2002 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My housekeeper owns a 2002 Chevy Venture LS V6 FWD that my father brought her in 2001 as a Christmas gift for being a fabulous housekeeper. She clearly loves it and does not want to give it up for even a new 2012 Nissan Quest? ODD but I hate that van, it does not have a quick take off like most vans in that class, the gas gage is broke so she can only use 75% of her tank, the headlights and highbeams are not bright at all. In fact at night you can even see the road well. The interior lights don't work when the doors are open only when you turn the lights on it the van from the switch. It's just a mess. Handling is even worst cause there is so much body roll.

Favorite Features

It has a smooth ride in the highway

Great Van!
By Great Van

2002 Chevrolet Venture LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this van from a repo auction a year ago. replaced front brakes, and intake gaskets which are normal for this engine. I have put $500 in the van. I have never had any problems with this van! I love it and so do my kids. We love the auto sliding doors and I like the parking aide. I have 170,000 on her and she runs great! Wouldn't hesitate to drive this anywhere. Bought an entertainment center for a big screen home in it.

Favorite Features

Parking Aide, auto sliding doors, huge room with the chairs out.

Suggested Improvements

None

Don't buy
By dawn

2002 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Venture. I've had the WB van for 4 year and all it's been is a money pit! The upper intake manifold was replace at 5 years old 68,000 miles, transmission was replaced at 88,000 miles, air shocks, brakes front and back and O2 sensor all replaced within the past few weeks. Now the muffler has a huge whole which is $600. to replace, the low intake gasket is leaking, oil is leaking(had a oil change 500 miles ago and now there's no oil in the van at all). As I talk to other Venture owners and the dealership where I get it worked on at this is a common engine issue! I cringe every time I get into the van! This van as doesn't hold its value and tens to rust out at the sliding doors.

Favorite Features

Kids like the DVD when it works, power doors, parking aid, easy to drive anf park.

Suggested Improvements

MOTOR!

Road trip
By Road trip

2002 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased new, Made several trips to the east coast and down south. Gas mileage around town about 14-15 and on highway loaded with gear and 4 passengers got around 19. Replaced intake gaskets twice, cooling fan ,rack and pinion, fuel sensor were replaced under extended warranty, replaced myself a/c condenser, water pump, motor supports, rear wheel cylinders 02 sensor. Kept it well maintained. Was totaled out last month. Side air bag did itís job protecting the wife. If you take care of both they will take care of you. The family will miss the van.

Favorite Features

Lots of room

Suggested Improvements

More power.