2002 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
2002 Chevy Venture Mini-Van
By banjowyatt on 09/19/13 12:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Yes, this van has some "minor issues" like no interior light when the door opens, windshield wipers sticking in the upright position and some rear tail-turn signal-brake light problems, but this is a damned good reliable vehicle. It has almost 190,000 miles on it and she is still running smooth.

This van SUCKS
By mogulprinceton on 03/02/12 17:43 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My housekeeper owns a 2002 Chevy Venture LS V6 FWD that my father brought her in 2001 as a Christmas gift for being a fabulous housekeeper. She clearly loves it and does not want to give it up for even a new 2012 Nissan Quest? ODD but I hate that van, it does not have a quick take off like most vans in that class, the gas gage is broke so she can only use 75% of her tank, the headlights and highbeams are not bright at all. In fact at night you can even see the road well. The interior lights don't work when the doors are open only when you turn the lights on it the van from the switch. It's just a mess. Handling is even worst cause there is so much body roll.

Great Van!
By Great Van on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this van from a repo auction a year ago. replaced front brakes, and intake gaskets which are normal for this engine. I have put $500 in the van. I have never had any problems with this van! I love it and so do my kids. We love the auto sliding doors and I like the parking aide. I have 170,000 on her and she runs great! Wouldn't hesitate to drive this anywhere. Bought an entertainment center for a big screen home in it.

Don't buy
By dawn on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Venture. I've had the WB van for 4 year and all it's been is a money pit! The upper intake manifold was replace at 5 years old 68,000 miles, transmission was replaced at 88,000 miles, air shocks, brakes front and back and O2 sensor all replaced within the past few weeks. Now the muffler has a huge whole which is $600. to replace, the low intake gasket is leaking, oil is leaking(had a oil change 500 miles ago and now there's no oil in the van at all). As I talk to other Venture owners and the dealership where I get it worked on at this is a common engine issue! I cringe every time I get into the van! This van as doesn't hold its value and tens to rust out at the sliding doors.

Road trip
By Road trip on 02/17/10 20:06 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased new, Made several trips to the east coast and down south. Gas mileage around town about 14-15 and on highway loaded with gear and 4 passengers got around 19. Replaced intake gaskets twice, cooling fan ,rack and pinion, fuel sensor were replaced under extended warranty, replaced myself a/c condenser, water pump, motor supports, rear wheel cylinders 02 sensor. Kept it well maintained. Was totaled out last month. Side air bag did itís job protecting the wife. If you take care of both they will take care of you. The family will miss the van.

Sunk Costs
By Henderson Family on 02/10/10 13:22 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car for our twins birth. They are now turning six. We have had an issue with every system of the car. We bought it with Onstar as a major selling feature. We were notified that due to a change in the analog, Onstar was no longer being offered. The electrical system is especially terrible. It is a gas guzzler.

Intake Manifold Leak / Blown Head Gasket
By Chevrolet Venture on 02/03/10 04:18 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it new in 2002. My wife drives it to work till now, and she has been using my own 2001 Venture to work now. I took it to Hogan. All they did advise me was to do an engine flush and replace the thermostat. I keep getting warm and cold from my heater even I have it on the higher at all times. I took it to shop, and hopefully will get it in a few days for the Manifold leak and blow head gasket. I have spent about $2,500 for the last couple of months. I will not own any more GM's vehicle in the future.

No complaints
By Telling the truth on 12/05/09 13:11 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new. In 90,000 miles, I've only had to replace a power steering pump. Everything else has been routine maintenance. The original tires were noisy, but that's easy to fix. We love it, and don't know what we'll get when it's time to get something else. I think a lot of people just like to complain. Not everyone is having bad luck with these vehicles.

Cheap
By Cheaply Built on 09/29/09 14:53 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Just had our 6th child so we needed an eight seater. Currently have a 1999 Toyota Sienna and love it. Just bought this 2002 Chevrolet Venture and we are shocked at the overall lower quality of just about everything in and on this van compared to the Sienna. Rattly, interior paneling that is just... cheap. I don't know how else to say it. Good thing is that we paid less for this van with 80k miles on it than we will be able to sell our Sienna with 155k miles on it. The bad thing is that I have more faith in our Sienna with 155k miles on it than I do in this van with 80k miles on it.

Seen better
By Gerald Tremblay on 08/02/09 19:27 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought that car in 2006 (4 years old) with 35000 km. First year had to replace front wheel bearings (500$, second year the front breaks (350$) amd this year had to rebuilt the transmission and replace the manifold casket as all the ventures sold in north america. Thought about changing but no value anymore so I decided to keep it for 2 or 3 more years.