2001 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Review: Too Many Problems!

2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Review

Too Many Problems!
By Nora on

2001 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was happy at first, being that I waited and looked so long for a van. Despite my husband advising me not to buy a van, I did it anyway. First 2 month's in, I had to replace the front brakes and something else with the brakes that was expensive. 4 months later, I had to replace the thermostat. The following summer,I had to replace the whole compartment where my rear lights plug in, it burnt out. Over the months I replaced all the bulbs and the thermostat again. Same year, had to replace the radiator and water pump. 2007 had to replace thermostat again, water pump again, gas gauge went out, cruise control went out. 2008 hose leaking antifreeze which led to a rod blowing, back lights acting weird.

I like the fact that It's roomy and comfortable. It has a nice look and body shape to it. I love the privacy windows and control over the lights.

Needs to be built better. Less mechanical problems, rear A/C & heating, not enough blowing power to reach rear of vehicle. Lights are not bright enough. Too much spent for the mileage it has. I am disappointed!