Used 2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

A GREAT VEHICLE!
By Diane

2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. 4dr Ext Minivan w/ABE Seats (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Warner Bros. minivan is a great vehicle. I drive a great deal and am very comfortable with the van's handling and maneuverability. I have had this van 4-1/2 years, and the reliability has been great! I would highly recommend this vehicle. I love this van so much that I intend on keeping it for many, many years to come.

Both my kids have enjoyed the on-board entertainment system immensely. (It is the only time they do not fight with each other!) One child can be watching a video while another can be listening to their favorite music. In addition, I can listen to my own station in the front.

I would like this vehicle to have brighter headlights (similar to that of a Trailblazer). I also wish it had stow-away seating. Other than that, it's a terrific vehicle and well worth the money!

Minivan Comeback
By Felix

2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle for family. Handles like a car and good gas economy. Not too sure about the auto-daylights running all the time.

Exterior design and interior space. Smooth suspension and engine is somewhat quite after acceleration.

A bolder more masculine exterior: chrome muffler tips, scoop on hood, bolder gadgets, chrome trimings on inside, Lazy Boy chair as driver seat and refined interior: seating, cabin space & gadgets. More HP and better gas mileage.

Next time, not GM
By Mark Oveson

2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is an OK car, but it really is not great. On the plus side, it has never broken down in the middle of Wyoming. But reliability is a real problem. In 65K miles we have replaced the air conditioning condenser ($1300) and a couple of brake rotors. The brakes seem to warp very easily. The car goes out of alignment easily. We have spent $2000+ in unscheduled out-of-warranty maintenance, which is too high for only 30,000 miles over warranty. Trim has a typically cheap GM feel. Styling is ho-hum and unchanged (again) for 2005. I figured I would sell it before it lost all its value. Whoops! Too late! I will buy a Toyota or Honda next time.

Hard to say. Nothing is outstanding. The switch that overrides all the passenger compartment lights is really nice. My kids hate it, but I love it.

Make the controls go "thunk" instead of "click." Cheap pouches on the back of the driver's and passenger's seats need to be stronger. Handling is car-like but a little mushy. Plastic thingy that holds the hood prop lever broke immediately.

No More Buy America
By Jimmy911

2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Value 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have this car for just three years and 50,000 miles. I have visited Service Department for 8 times for repair job, the Computer chips, Ac, Left Wheel bearing, Cooling System, Battery Leaking, Air blower, and Ac again. It cost more than $3,000 after the factory warranty was end. I don't think I could handle this kind the troble any more.

None

Excellent Van
By ILoveTheVenture

Bought this 2001 Venture with 71k miles on it. We put about 4k miles on it so far and no problems or loss of power despite the high mileage. I merge with 60+ mph highway every morning from a dead stop into heavy traffic with NO PROBLEM. Feels like a car with an impressive turning radius despite the elongated van body. Fits in normal parking spaces too (some big SUVs barely fit). 30 gallon gas tank and good (23mpg) gas mileage means fewer trips to the pump. Seats are top notch, suspension is soft but gives you enough road feel to keep you involved, runs quiet, holds more stuff than I can fill it with, and has a great entertainment system. I love it.

Great stereo for a family van. The VCR is great for 7 month old daughter who will be mesmerized by it before long. Can't stress enough how much more comfortable for driver and passenger this van is than any other. Engine has lots of power and don't forget - 74000 miles on it!

I'd like cruise controls on the steering wheel instead of on the same stick as turn signals and wipers. My wife's 2000 Chevy Malibu has same set up and it broke (there is a factory recall on it since so we were reimbursed). No problems so far, mind you.