2001 Chevrolet Venture Value Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

2001 Venture Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

Sort Reviews by

Buy American
By dmille909

2001 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great van for price, roomy, great ride, awesome features.

Favorite Features

power side door, Onstar, design

Suggested Improvements

none comes to mind

GREAT FAMILY CAR
By teecee

2001 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. 4dr Ext Minivan w/ABE Seats (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

THIS VAN IS GREAT FOR KIDS. IT COMES WITH FLIP DOWN SCREEN. THEY CAN WATCH MOVIES OR PLAY VIDEO GAMES. PLENTY OF ROOM. PLENTY OF "PEP" IN THE MOTOR AREA. GOOD LOOKING CAR! WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY (FROM THE REGULAR VENTURES).

Favorite Features

TV/VIDEO SYSTEM.

Suggested Improvements

NONE

Couldnt be happier
By VentureFan

2001 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. 4dr Ext Minivan w/ABE Seats (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We couldn't be happier with our venture. It gets great gas mileage for such a big vehicle. 27 hwy/21 city. It rides like a car and the kids love watching videos in it. It makes the long trips with 2 boys very pleasurable.

Favorite Features

The air compressor for blowing up air floats. The headphones so I don't have to listen to Barney the whole trip. The fold down bench in the back. The three individual seats in the middle. Built in car seat.

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof option. Automatic windows in the back that open like the ones in the middle. The ones in the back are manual and they are a pain to open and close.

First Van - So far it's been Good Choice
By rjk from SF Bay

2001 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. 4dr Ext Minivan w/ABE Seats (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Compared everything & narrowed down to this & Honda. The Chevy WB edition had much better bang for the buck. Only complaint is a squeaky door we never had with Honda or Nissan products. Still happy about our choice.

Favorite Features

Video system with independent headphones. Seating for 8 comfortably. Fold down & removal seats. I haul everything. Fun getting the surprise WB packages in the mail.

Suggested Improvements

Volume control of video should be allowed up front. Remote only controls from back seats which is not ideal with a young child back there.

My 2001 Venture
By Heavy

2001 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van new in 2001 and have been very pleased with it. I previously had a 96' Plymouth Van and would have to say that the ride in the Venture is far superior. The gas mileage is better as well. I now have 26,000 miles on it and have had no major problems. I did have a couple of minor problems right after I bought it which I and the dealer knew about prior to purchase. The dealer quickly took care of these minor problems. I would have to say that my dealer deserves an A+ rating.

Favorite Features

I like the combo of cassette and cd player. I also like the driver information center. The roominess is another plus.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see rear temperature controls standard and also a sunroof.

Completle Satisfied
By Nasir Awan

2001 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Best value for the Money, in this compatitive market place.Chevrolet service dealer net work is awesome. warranty is good,Roadside assistance always comes handy espacially when you lock your key in the van.My nexy vehicle will be 2002 model.

Favorite Features

vehicle have 44342 kilometers now no trouble at all. Brakes are still good as gold

Great Van
By Cheesehauler

2001 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. 4dr Ext Minivan w/ABE Seats (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is our second Venture and we will quite likely buy another. TONS of room, great gas milage, huge gas tank. Power sliding door is great and easy to use.

Favorite Features

All the free stuff we get from chevy because we have the WB!

Suggested Improvements

Figure out a way to have a sun roof with the video system.

Good Job Chevrolet
By Kevin

2001 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. 4dr Ext Minivan w/ABE Seats (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is our first van and Chevrolet. We are comming up to one year of ownership, no problems what so ever. Thats a first for us. The van has nice ride, good gas mileage and tons of useful gadgets. Onstar is a nice safety and security option. Given the high level of satifaction from the van and the dealer we will be buying another Cheverlot product from Mike Shaw in Denver.

Favorite Features

video player, auto ride height, dual climate control, built in child seat

Suggested Improvements

Lighted key fob. Dish the floor boards or add dished floor matts to keep lose grocerys from rolling out the door when opened. Add two more built in child seats

A nice van
By lcabrera

2001 Chevrolet Venture LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/ABC/ABF Package (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The power doors, backup alarm and audio components make me very happy that I chose the LT edition. The Venture rides very smooth and gives reasonablly good gas mileage (~20 MPH average over the last 7000 miles) considering.

Favorite Features

Power doors, backup alarm and auto lights (headlights go on automatically when needed based upon the amount of available light.

Suggested Improvements

Additional Lumber support for front seats.

Worthy of Consideration
By paulc

2001 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. 4dr Ext Minivan w/ABE Seats (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Too bad to hear of some people's problems with this van. We've had ours almost a year now and over 8K miles with no problems at all. We are happy with its performance and features, very smooth with great handling.Great gas mileage, not the most powerful 6 cyl. mini-van engine available but good enough.

Favorite Features

Folding rear seat with flip up sotrage compartments, On-Star, Power sliding door, Trip computer with compass. Tri- mode audio system with rear audio controls and wireless headphones. Great MPG, highest of all minivans.

Suggested Improvements

Not enough cupholders, needs a tachometer.