2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
A Chevy man
By badbob on 11/28/08 14:43 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have never owned a Ford, but that may change. I have never seen an auto with more problems than this one. My wife bought it used and it was back and forth to the shop with one thing after another to b repaired. Now out of warranty it's my job to repair. It tkes more time than the 74 Chevy truck I'm restoring. The electric seat is jammed in the foward position making it impossable to drive. The windows always die in the down position. I drive a car to get from point A to point B as most of us do. The more options the more trouble. I don't need a Dolby surround sound theater, global tracking,or a fuse box with 30 miles of paper thin wires leading to useless options. Are You listening GM?

Too Many Problems!
By Nora on 03/20/08 21:47 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was happy at first, being that I waited and looked so long for a van. Despite my husband advising me not to buy a van, I did it anyway. First 2 month's in, I had to replace the front brakes and something else with the brakes that was expensive. 4 months later, I had to replace the thermostat. The following summer,I had to replace the whole compartment where my rear lights plug in, it burnt out. Over the months I replaced all the bulbs and the thermostat again. Same year, had to replace the radiator and water pump. 2007 had to replace thermostat again, water pump again, gas gauge went out, cruise control went out. 2008 hose leaking antifreeze which led to a rod blowing, back lights acting weird.

Don't buy this Van!
By Chevy Venture on 03/15/08 19:58 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. 4dr Ext Minivan w/ABE Seats (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van about 2 1/2 years ago with around 34,000 miles on it. It was very nice for the first year but then things started going wrong with it such as brakes needed replacing, tires wearing out too early, alignment off, sound system acting strange, video stopped working, doors not closing right. But the worst part is six weeks ago the transmission went bad and we replaced it for $2600! But it gets worse. Three weeks later the head gasket blew which is another $2000. With only 80,000 miles on this van, I am very disappointed. We've owned estate wagons for years and never had to put money like this into them. My advice, buy foreign never American. Don't ever buy a Chevrolet.

Love my van!
By Ashley on 12/20/07 21:54 PM (PST)

I am very impressesd with the overall quality of the vehicle and the ease of use and comfort. It is very quiet while driving, even at high speeds and in wind. I own the Warner Brothers version and with the built in TV and DVD player, it's great. I like the fact that you can control the rear heat and air from both the front seat and back seats. You also have the ability to have the front and back seats on separate radio stations, or the cd player. Great for kids and or driving at night so occupants can sleep but driver can listen to music silently. I love this vehicle!

Maintenance Nightmare
By familyGuy on 03/07/07 21:51 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Value 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This has been the worst vehicle I've ever owned. I bought it used at 45k miles. Intake manafold gasket started leaking at 50k miles ($800 dollar repair), transmision went out at 60k miles ($2000), fuel gage stoped working, cd player stoped working, water pump and heater went out...the list goes on. The only good things I'd say is that its comfortable and has good safety features. ..none of which matter if you can't keep it running.

Great job for Chevy
By stanley on 11/28/06 06:56 AM (PST)

This van is great. It's my first van and I drive it all the time. We drove it to on a 500 mile trip and the seats were very comfortable even for the three kids. We have we only stopped for gas one time and for a break. No back problems driving this van and my wife has back problems. It's very fun to drive on a long trip. I never liked minivans until I got this one. We love it.

2001 Chevy Venture Plus
By Armstead on 10/31/06 13:26 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Plus 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The look of the van is the best part. Performance is excellent. Changed the fuel pump and very expensive radiator in the first year of ownership. A great family vehicle. The extended version would have been better for groceries.

No More GM (Gouge Me)
By Wade Petrishen on 06/24/06 15:55 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/ABC/ABF Package (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Have replaced by 50000 miles: steering rack, steering pump, LF hub, cyl head gaskets, intake manifold gaskets NEEDS replacing: electronic level control shocks are leaking and should be replaced. Because of the exhorbitant cost I will probably convert the system, even though I like it, to a regular system.

So many positives, a few big negatives
By Daniel DeLamater on 03/22/06 20:08 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Well, we have been pleased with our car overall. But thank God we purchased the extended warranty. I would not recommend avoiding this van - I would just say get as much warranty as possible. We stopped at 75,000 miles and it wasn't enough. We are about to replace the 2nd hub assembly, we have had gaskets go out, we have had fuel regulators to replace, etc., etc. The utility of this van is excellent. It's roominess, drivability, and overall reliability are positives. Thankfully we had the warranty as long as we did - and that we have a wonderful dealership to work with. Otherwise I might not be so kind.

Keeping Me Broke
By going broke fast on 01/14/06 18:31 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the van with 140K on it - salesperson vehicle. No big deal I thought! Ha! Head gastket went in first month (covered under the extended warranty I purchased). A/C didn't work, replaced 3 wheel bearings at $680 each, struts $777, engine light on almost all the time - various things replaced, blower system didn't work - wouldn't switch from one position to another $1000, then wouldn't work in position 1,2 $300. I added it up on Christmas day night and in 2 1/2 yrs I've spent now $7300.00 in repairs! It has been such a HUGE disappointment. I've always been a GM person but no more. Oh ya, gas gauge doesn't work AGAIN - this is the third time and it is a $700 fix!