Used 2001 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

GM junk
By looker

2001 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love the fact that the van gets great gas mileage for a large vehicle 28.5 mpg on avg. Now for the bad it stays in the shop more than on the road, in 8 months I have had to have a new trany, new head gaskets. I have also had to have numerous other small things fixed.

great mpg, great ride comfort, interior space

better build quality and better engineering

When it starts to go wrong, gets worse
By unhappy

2001 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Our 2001 Venture has been very well taken care of with regular dealer servicing and low annual milage (about 8500 miles per year). About a year ago, the head gasket started to leak... Since then we had to replace the head gasket, then instrument cluster control module an now - the driver side window mechanism. All in all it about $5000 of repairs on a 8 year old van with about 70K miles on it! Also the dealer - Fisher Chevy in Boulder - treated us very poorly. And the repair cost just snow balled. And now - there is no telling what will be next! Awful reliability and build quality.

The front row has comfortable seats, and the automatic sliding door is a nice feature (and still works!). Gas mileage is acceptable for a vehicle of this size.

Improve long term reliability and build quality! So that I can expect at least 100K miles without spending thousands of dollars on repairs!

Like my chevy
By Aray

2001 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. 4dr Ext Minivan w/ABE Seats (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for a while now... even been a little slack when it comes to maint. on it, but hey, Im a single mom. Anyway, all I have ever had to replace on it was the 2 front wheel hubs and the fuel pump. Not a bad deal for 8 years right?

I love my van!
By CoolMama

2001 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van new, and haven't had many problems with it. I think its very comfortable, compared to other vans we considered buying. It has great safety features like the side air bags. After 10 years the a/c compressor is needing replacement, but we've really not had that many major repairs. Just standard wear and tear stuff and some minor annoyances that have nothing to do with its overall performance. I guess we drive it gently and stay on top of maintenance like oil changes and fluid checks, tire rotation, alignments, brakes etc. These things really make a difference in the life of a car. Overall very happy with my purchase, especially since we've been without car pmt for 6 yrs. :)

Captain's driver seat, automatic sliding door, built in air compressor, comfortable ride

Gas gauge issues, power windows not holding the test of time.

This was a great car that I kept up
By DSO

2001 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I brought this car new. It is 8 years old now and I no longer need a mini van. I never had many problems with it until the A/C died and I got it replaced with GM (China parts) that GM does not even make any more.It died again before the warranty was up and fixed again only to die once more. I really enjoyed this car but the back door hatches are rusting and so is an area on the roof where the roof rack is. The worst thing about this car is the headlights. Very cheap. When it still under warranty and new,I had one headlight replaced because it was holding water. Now they are both foggy and hold water.

Reliability, I kept it up so I never had any major problems

Get rid of the worthless cubby hole compartments that are suppose to store small things up front. Any item place on the dash board goes flying when you turn a corner. I could not even figure out what dummy designed the arm rest.