2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
Original Owner - 2nd review, No Regrets
By Paul C. on 05/07/10 12:24 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. 4dr Ext Minivan w/ABE Seats (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Our Venture is our weekend and family road/vacation use vehicle. After having owned our Silver WBE Venture for over 9 years now for over 58K miles, overall no regrets though we've had some minor problems. Most were fixed under the 3 year original GM warranty, mainly the leaking intake manifold. The roof still leaks occasionally at the overhead trip computer/compass though not all the time. This was supposedly fixed way back by the dealer under warranty but it's occurred again lately. 1 of the rear power windows does not open fully. 3 of the tires are still the orginal FR 680 Firestones, plan to replace at 70K. Otherwise the paint and finish is like new, still drives and handles great.

Like my chevy
By Aray on 09/16/09 04:59 AM (PDT)

I have owned this car for a while now... even been a little slack when it comes to maint. on it, but hey, Im a single mom. Anyway, all I have ever had to replace on it was the 2 front wheel hubs and the fuel pump. Not a bad deal for 8 years right?

Don't buy this Van!
By Chevy Venture on 03/15/08 19:58 PM (PDT)

We bought this van about 2 1/2 years ago with around 34,000 miles on it. It was very nice for the first year but then things started going wrong with it such as brakes needed replacing, tires wearing out too early, alignment off, sound system acting strange, video stopped working, doors not closing right. But the worst part is six weeks ago the transmission went bad and we replaced it for $2600! But it gets worse. Three weeks later the head gasket blew which is another $2000. With only 80,000 miles on this van, I am very disappointed. We've owned estate wagons for years and never had to put money like this into them. My advice, buy foreign never American. Don't ever buy a Chevrolet.

Love my van!
By Ashley on 12/20/07 21:54 PM (PST)

I am very impressesd with the overall quality of the vehicle and the ease of use and comfort. It is very quiet while driving, even at high speeds and in wind. I own the Warner Brothers version and with the built in TV and DVD player, it's great. I like the fact that you can control the rear heat and air from both the front seat and back seats. You also have the ability to have the front and back seats on separate radio stations, or the cd player. Great for kids and or driving at night so occupants can sleep but driver can listen to music silently. I love this vehicle!

Great job for Chevy
By stanley on 11/28/06 06:56 AM (PST)

This van is great. It's my first van and I drive it all the time. We drove it to on a 500 mile trip and the seats were very comfortable even for the three kids. We have we only stopped for gas one time and for a break. No back problems driving this van and my wife has back problems. It's very fun to drive on a long trip. I never liked minivans until I got this one. We love it.

A GREAT VEHICLE!
By Diane on 07/15/05 09:30 AM (PDT)

The Warner Bros. minivan is a great vehicle. I drive a great deal and am very comfortable with the van's handling and maneuverability. I have had this van 4-1/2 years, and the reliability has been great! I would highly recommend this vehicle. I love this van so much that I intend on keeping it for many, many years to come.

Excellent Van
By ILoveTheVenture on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Bought this 2001 Venture with 71k miles on it. We put about 4k miles on it so far and no problems or loss of power despite the high mileage. I merge with 60+ mph highway every morning from a dead stop into heavy traffic with NO PROBLEM. Feels like a car with an impressive turning radius despite the elongated van body. Fits in normal parking spaces too (some big SUVs barely fit). 30 gallon gas tank and good (23mpg) gas mileage means fewer trips to the pump. Seats are top notch, suspension is soft but gives you enough road feel to keep you involved, runs quiet, holds more stuff than I can fill it with, and has a great entertainment system. I love it.

WB edition
By mjlong on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

We have been very please with our Warner Bros. edition. This is our second Chevrolet venture purchase. It has been very reliable and fun to drive!

GREAT FAMILY CAR
By teecee on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

THIS VAN IS GREAT FOR KIDS. IT COMES WITH FLIP DOWN SCREEN. THEY CAN WATCH MOVIES OR PLAY VIDEO GAMES. PLENTY OF ROOM. PLENTY OF "PEP" IN THE MOTOR AREA. GOOD LOOKING CAR! WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY (FROM THE REGULAR VENTURES).

Couldnt be happier
By VentureFan on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

We couldn't be happier with our venture. It gets great gas mileage for such a big vehicle. 27 hwy/21 city. It rides like a car and the kids love watching videos in it. It makes the long trips with 2 boys very pleasurable.