Used 2001 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

Original Owner - 2nd review, No Regrets
By Paul C.

2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. 4dr Ext Minivan w/ABE Seats (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Our Venture is our weekend and family road/vacation use vehicle. After having owned our Silver WBE Venture for over 9 years now for over 58K miles, overall no regrets though we've had some minor problems. Most were fixed under the 3 year original GM warranty, mainly the leaking intake manifold. The roof still leaks occasionally at the overhead trip computer/compass though not all the time. This was supposedly fixed way back by the dealer under warranty but it's occurred again lately. 1 of the rear power windows does not open fully. 3 of the tires are still the orginal FR 680 Firestones, plan to replace at 70K. Otherwise the paint and finish is like new, still drives and handles great.

Favorite Features

Great mileage, usually get 27-28 MPG on the highway. Integrated Video system with aux jacks for video games, power sliding door, built-in child seat. The trip computer with compass and outside temperature readout. The DATA radio with CD & Cassette. The rear cargo area's divided storage area.

Suggested Improvements

Headrests that tilt, needs a tachometer, more practical cup holders for 2nd row occupants. Power rear hatch door would be nice like the newer minivans. Too bad that both GM and Ford gave up on the minivan market so they won't get my consideration next time.

Like my chevy
By Aray

I have owned this car for a while now... even been a little slack when it comes to maint. on it, but hey, Im a single mom. Anyway, all I have ever had to replace on it was the 2 front wheel hubs and the fuel pump. Not a bad deal for 8 years right?

Don't buy this Van!
By Chevy Venture

We bought this van about 2 1/2 years ago with around 34,000 miles on it. It was very nice for the first year but then things started going wrong with it such as brakes needed replacing, tires wearing out too early, alignment off, sound system acting strange, video stopped working, doors not closing right. But the worst part is six weeks ago the transmission went bad and we replaced it for $2600! But it gets worse. Three weeks later the head gasket blew which is another $2000. With only 80,000 miles on this van, I am very disappointed. We've owned estate wagons for years and never had to put money like this into them. My advice, buy foreign never American. Don't ever buy a Chevrolet.

Favorite Features

Seats, roomy, automatic sliding doors, fold down seats, comfortable ride

Suggested Improvements

Make a better engine, cooling system and transmission.

Love my van!
By Ashley

I am very impressesd with the overall quality of the vehicle and the ease of use and comfort. It is very quiet while driving, even at high speeds and in wind. I own the Warner Brothers version and with the built in TV and DVD player, it's great. I like the fact that you can control the rear heat and air from both the front seat and back seats. You also have the ability to have the front and back seats on separate radio stations, or the cd player. Great for kids and or driving at night so occupants can sleep but driver can listen to music silently. I love this vehicle!

Favorite Features

I love the safety aspects of this van - the side air bags are great. It's great having the built in TV and A/V inputs so kids can not only watch TV but play games and you can hook up external players. Well thought out vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a few more cupholders. Middle seats have none unless you fold down a seat that has them built into the back. Would be nice to have the cruise and radio controls on the steering wheel but that is not a big deal at all.

Great job for Chevy
By stanley

This van is great. It's my first van and I drive it all the time. We drove it to on a 500 mile trip and the seats were very comfortable even for the three kids. We have we only stopped for gas one time and for a break. No back problems driving this van and my wife has back problems. It's very fun to drive on a long trip. I never liked minivans until I got this one. We love it.

Favorite Features

Room. Fuel economy 32 mpg highway

Suggested Improvements

None