2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
Great Van
By paulie69 on 07/19/14 06:26 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Value 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have now owned my no frills van for 5yrs and have 160K miles on it. It has been very reliable and I have had to do no major work to it, just new tires and tie rod ends last year. It still runs like a new car although I now need to replace the ball joints and the ac stopped working this summer. It isn't fancy and has very few power options but it is the most dependable vehicle I've had and I have always driven imports before. I wish Chevy still made this vehicle.

My HoopTee
By Stas on 08/30/10 18:42 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Value 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought her brand new and 10 yrs later still cant kill it. This van has never failed my family or me. Was my wife's daily driver for the first 7 yrs and has been the household beater since. Wiper motor, blower, suspension, steering wheel, radiator was replaced since new. Other than BASIC maintenance and upkeep, this van has been very affordable and worth every Penny spent when bought brand new from the dealer. The 6 cylinder engine is pretty powerful and starts up every single time. My children, now are older, are embarrassed by it but I still drive it daily. Whether it be to work, the mall, the shore, the dump, sporting events etc. It sure was a worthwhile investment from the onset. Thanks GM, I must have gotten a gem. : )

It's been good
By chevy40 on 06/25/10 20:30 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Value 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

It's been good to me and my family, I have had a few problems but nothing the dealership didn't fix right away, but after 250,000 km the transmission is making a horrible clunking sound, hate to get rid of it but I think its time to put her to rest. : ( any suggestions for a new vehicle?

Original Owner - 2nd review, No Regrets
By Paul C. on 05/07/10 12:24 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. 4dr Ext Minivan w/ABE Seats (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Our Venture is our weekend and family road/vacation use vehicle. After having owned our Silver WBE Venture for over 9 years now for over 58K miles, overall no regrets though we've had some minor problems. Most were fixed under the 3 year original GM warranty, mainly the leaking intake manifold. The roof still leaks occasionally at the overhead trip computer/compass though not all the time. This was supposedly fixed way back by the dealer under warranty but it's occurred again lately. 1 of the rear power windows does not open fully. 3 of the tires are still the orginal FR 680 Firestones, plan to replace at 70K. Otherwise the paint and finish is like new, still drives and handles great.

never buy a venture, EVER!!!
By lemonloverx7 on 01/29/10 20:10 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/ABC/ABF Package (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

It looks nice but its very unreliable. The back seats are so unfordable! Everyone hates sitting in the back two rows. 3 smalls seats jammed in the second row its not comfortable at all. the fronts seat are okay though. we have had so many problem that I can't even remember all of them. But a few big problems were, intake manifold gasket, oil leaks, leaking anti-freeze, temperature regulator, tail light assembly failure, AC stop working randomly, slipping transmission. The intake manifold gasket seems to be a big problem in chevy! Not a good car at all! The LT has to many features that brake alot. The van only has 124,000 miles on it. my friend has a Subaru with 241,000 and its still going!

GM junk
By looker on 01/12/10 06:54 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love the fact that the van gets great gas mileage for a large vehicle 28.5 mpg on avg. Now for the bad it stays in the shop more than on the road, in 8 months I have had to have a new trany, new head gaskets. I have also had to have numerous other small things fixed.

When it starts to go wrong, gets worse
By unhappy on 10/26/09 15:09 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Our 2001 Venture has been very well taken care of with regular dealer servicing and low annual milage (about 8500 miles per year). About a year ago, the head gasket started to leak... Since then we had to replace the head gasket, then instrument cluster control module an now - the driver side window mechanism. All in all it about $5000 of repairs on a 8 year old van with about 70K miles on it! Also the dealer - Fisher Chevy in Boulder - treated us very poorly. And the repair cost just snow balled. And now - there is no telling what will be next! Awful reliability and build quality.

Like my chevy
By Aray on 09/16/09 04:59 AM (PDT)

I have owned this car for a while now... even been a little slack when it comes to maint. on it, but hey, Im a single mom. Anyway, all I have ever had to replace on it was the 2 front wheel hubs and the fuel pump. Not a bad deal for 8 years right?

I love my van!
By CoolMama on 08/13/09 03:06 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van new, and haven't had many problems with it. I think its very comfortable, compared to other vans we considered buying. It has great safety features like the side air bags. After 10 years the a/c compressor is needing replacement, but we've really not had that many major repairs. Just standard wear and tear stuff and some minor annoyances that have nothing to do with its overall performance. I guess we drive it gently and stay on top of maintenance like oil changes and fluid checks, tire rotation, alignments, brakes etc. These things really make a difference in the life of a car. Overall very happy with my purchase, especially since we've been without car pmt for 6 yrs. :)

This was a great car that I kept up
By DSO on 07/12/09 19:12 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I brought this car new. It is 8 years old now and I no longer need a mini van. I never had many problems with it until the A/C died and I got it replaced with GM (China parts) that GM does not even make any more.It died again before the warranty was up and fixed again only to die once more. I really enjoyed this car but the back door hatches are rusting and so is an area on the roof where the roof rack is. The worst thing about this car is the headlights. Very cheap. When it still under warranty and new,I had one headlight replaced because it was holding water. Now they are both foggy and hold water.

1 2 3 4 5 next »