Used 2001 Chevrolet Venture LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Venture

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

GM junk
By looker

2001 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love the fact that the van gets great gas mileage for a large vehicle 28.5 mpg on avg. Now for the bad it stays in the shop more than on the road, in 8 months I have had to have a new trany, new head gaskets. I have also had to have numerous other small things fixed.

Favorite Features

great mpg, great ride comfort, interior space

Suggested Improvements

better build quality and better engineering

Keeping Me Broke
By going broke fast

2001 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the van with 140K on it - salesperson vehicle. No big deal I thought! Ha! Head gastket went in first month (covered under the extended warranty I purchased). A/C didn't work, replaced 3 wheel bearings at $680 each, struts $777, engine light on almost all the time - various things replaced, blower system didn't work - wouldn't switch from one position to another $1000, then wouldn't work in position 1,2 $300. I added it up on Christmas day night and in 2 1/2 yrs I've spent now $7300.00 in repairs! It has been such a HUGE disappointment. I've always been a GM person but no more. Oh ya, gas gauge doesn't work AGAIN - this is the third time and it is a $700 fix!

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats for long drives, love the overhead computer showing outside temp, compas, etc. Very comfortable to drive - feels like a car.

Suggested Improvements

Reliabilty is very poor - needs improvements in all areas listed above. Also it really needs rear heat/air - the blower is not powerful enough to push it back to the very back.

Minivan Comeback
By Felix

2001 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle for family. Handles like a car and good gas economy. Not too sure about the auto-daylights running all the time.

Favorite Features

Exterior design and interior space. Smooth suspension and engine is somewhat quite after acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

A bolder more masculine exterior: chrome muffler tips, scoop on hood, bolder gadgets, chrome trimings on inside, Lazy Boy chair as driver seat and refined interior: seating, cabin space & gadgets. More HP and better gas mileage.