2001 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
GM junk
By looker on 01/12/10 06:54 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love the fact that the van gets great gas mileage for a large vehicle 28.5 mpg on avg. Now for the bad it stays in the shop more than on the road, in 8 months I have had to have a new trany, new head gaskets. I have also had to have numerous other small things fixed.

Keeping Me Broke
By going broke fast on 01/14/06 18:31 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the van with 140K on it - salesperson vehicle. No big deal I thought! Ha! Head gastket went in first month (covered under the extended warranty I purchased). A/C didn't work, replaced 3 wheel bearings at $680 each, struts $777, engine light on almost all the time - various things replaced, blower system didn't work - wouldn't switch from one position to another $1000, then wouldn't work in position 1,2 $300. I added it up on Christmas day night and in 2 1/2 yrs I've spent now $7300.00 in repairs! It has been such a HUGE disappointment. I've always been a GM person but no more. Oh ya, gas gauge doesn't work AGAIN - this is the third time and it is a $700 fix!

Minivan Comeback
By Felix on 04/26/05 09:31 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle for family. Handles like a car and good gas economy. Not too sure about the auto-daylights running all the time.