2001 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
Great Van
By paulie69 on 07/19/14 06:26 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Venture Value 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have now owned my no frills van for 5yrs and have 160K miles on it. It has been very reliable and I have had to do no major work to it, just new tires and tie rod ends last year. It still runs like a new car although I now need to replace the ball joints and the ac stopped working this summer. It isn't fancy and has very few power options but it is the most dependable vehicle I've had and I have always driven imports before. I wish Chevy still made this vehicle.

My HoopTee
By Stas on 08/30/10 18:42 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Venture Value 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought her brand new and 10 yrs later still cant kill it. This van has never failed my family or me. Was my wife's daily driver for the first 7 yrs and has been the household beater since. Wiper motor, blower, suspension, steering wheel, radiator was replaced since new. Other than BASIC maintenance and upkeep, this van has been very affordable and worth every Penny spent when bought brand new from the dealer. The 6 cylinder engine is pretty powerful and starts up every single time. My children, now are older, are embarrassed by it but I still drive it daily. Whether it be to work, the mall, the shore, the dump, sporting events etc. It sure was a worthwhile investment from the onset. Thanks GM, I must have gotten a gem. : )

It's been good
By chevy40 on 06/25/10 20:30 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Venture Value 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

It's been good to me and my family, I have had a few problems but nothing the dealership didn't fix right away, but after 250,000 km the transmission is making a horrible clunking sound, hate to get rid of it but I think its time to put her to rest. : ( any suggestions for a new vehicle?

Maintenance Nightmare
By familyGuy on 03/07/07 21:51 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Venture Value 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This has been the worst vehicle I've ever owned. I bought it used at 45k miles. Intake manafold gasket started leaking at 50k miles ($800 dollar repair), transmision went out at 60k miles ($2000), fuel gage stoped working, cd player stoped working, water pump and heater went out...the list goes on. The only good things I'd say is that its comfortable and has good safety features. ..none of which matter if you can't keep it running.

No More Buy America
By Jimmy911 on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Venture Value 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have this car for just three years and 50,000 miles. I have visited Service Department for 8 times for repair job, the Computer chips, Ac, Left Wheel bearing, Cooling System, Battery Leaking, Air blower, and Ac again. It cost more than $3,000 after the factory warranty was end. I don't think I could handle this kind the troble any more.