Used 2001 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Venture

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

Great Van
By paulie69

2001 Chevrolet Venture Value 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have now owned my no frills van for 5yrs and have 160K miles on it. It has been very reliable and I have had to do no major work to it, just new tires and tie rod ends last year. It still runs like a new car although I now need to replace the ball joints and the ac stopped working this summer. It isn't fancy and has very few power options but it is the most dependable vehicle I've had and I have always driven imports before. I wish Chevy still made this vehicle.

Favorite Features

interior room. I have 4 children and have used it for everything from vacations to moving to transporting large purchases.

Suggested Improvements

GM should have continued to make this gem

My HoopTee
By Stas

2001 Chevrolet Venture Value 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought her brand new and 10 yrs later still cant kill it. This van has never failed my family or me. Was my wife's daily driver for the first 7 yrs and has been the household beater since. Wiper motor, blower, suspension, steering wheel, radiator was replaced since new. Other than BASIC maintenance and upkeep, this van has been very affordable and worth every Penny spent when bought brand new from the dealer. The 6 cylinder engine is pretty powerful and starts up every single time. My children, now are older, are embarrassed by it but I still drive it daily. Whether it be to work, the mall, the shore, the dump, sporting events etc. It sure was a worthwhile investment from the onset. Thanks GM, I must have gotten a gem. : )

Favorite Features

Cannot kill the engine. Maintenance behind at times and she just keeps going and going strong each and every day. Also my all time favorite feature would be that in this economy she really don't cost much to operate. Made it from NJ to the outerbanks on 1 tank of gas few years back. Made to Disney in 3. :

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I would make is to model every other car coming off the assembly lines after my hooptee. If all cars were as reliable as she, Americans would never buy another import again. She's lasted 10 years with me and I hope to god she last 10 more. You really cant improve perfection. Gem :)

It's been good
By chevy40

2001 Chevrolet Venture Value 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

It's been good to me and my family, I have had a few problems but nothing the dealership didn't fix right away, but after 250,000 km the transmission is making a horrible clunking sound, hate to get rid of it but I think its time to put her to rest. : ( any suggestions for a new vehicle?

Original Owner - 2nd review, No Regrets
By Paul C.

2001 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. 4dr Ext Minivan w/ABE Seats (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Our Venture is our weekend and family road/vacation use vehicle. After having owned our Silver WBE Venture for over 9 years now for over 58K miles, overall no regrets though we've had some minor problems. Most were fixed under the 3 year original GM warranty, mainly the leaking intake manifold. The roof still leaks occasionally at the overhead trip computer/compass though not all the time. This was supposedly fixed way back by the dealer under warranty but it's occurred again lately. 1 of the rear power windows does not open fully. 3 of the tires are still the orginal FR 680 Firestones, plan to replace at 70K. Otherwise the paint and finish is like new, still drives and handles great.

Favorite Features

Great mileage, usually get 27-28 MPG on the highway. Integrated Video system with aux jacks for video games, power sliding door, built-in child seat. The trip computer with compass and outside temperature readout. The DATA radio with CD & Cassette. The rear cargo area's divided storage area.

Suggested Improvements

Headrests that tilt, needs a tachometer, more practical cup holders for 2nd row occupants. Power rear hatch door would be nice like the newer minivans. Too bad that both GM and Ford gave up on the minivan market so they won't get my consideration next time.

never buy a venture, EVER!!!
By lemonloverx7

2001 Chevrolet Venture LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/ABC/ABF Package (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

It looks nice but its very unreliable. The back seats are so unfordable! Everyone hates sitting in the back two rows. 3 smalls seats jammed in the second row its not comfortable at all. the fronts seat are okay though. we have had so many problem that I can't even remember all of them. But a few big problems were, intake manifold gasket, oil leaks, leaking anti-freeze, temperature regulator, tail light assembly failure, AC stop working randomly, slipping transmission. The intake manifold gasket seems to be a big problem in chevy! Not a good car at all! The LT has to many features that brake alot. The van only has 124,000 miles on it. my friend has a Subaru with 241,000 and its still going!

Favorite Features

back-up sensors, good for carrying cargo, nice exterior looks

Suggested Improvements

Better reliability, better quality, Better back seat comfort, Improve safety! One of the most unsafe cars I have ever seen! look up crash test before even consider this! We made that mistake. Will not buy another chevy!