2000 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Review: Pretty good when it's running

2000 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Review

Pretty good when it's running
By Steve on

2000 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

Blown head gasket at 23,000, multiple airbag sensors, 5 coolant sensors, 2 fuel pumps, a new gas cap, rebuilt rear brakes, A/C blower only works on 5, tail lights are bad on both sides, rusting from the inside out, radiator fans stopped working. Now it has about 84,000 miles on it. What can I say. This is why Chevy is going under. This car is a total piece of junk. It's never been reliable. I can't remember the check engine light ever being off.

It does have decent power and road manners for a minivan. The folding and/or removable seats have always been a nice feature. The design team did a decent job, it's the engineering dept that lets you down.

Same as every GM product I've ever owned.. Stop with the planned obsolesence! I'll never buy another GM product ever! I've owned Hondas, Mazdas, and a Toyota. They were all great. The Venture, like every other GM product I've owned, was born to die. Good riddance GM. I won't miss you!!