I would NOT buy a chevy to say my life!!!! Mostly their vans!
By ssmee7 on
2000 Chevrolet Venture Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan
We have a 2000 Chevy venture mini van. Biggest pile of junk I've ever owned! Right after the warranty went out so did the gas gauge! Over $600 to fix it! It was a problem with ALL this model no matter if it was a chev or other GM! Then the power sliding door. Then the power windows, then the rear washer! Then a screw in the head liner over your head fell out some how and just rolls around and around! Nothing but problems with this van! If I could load it full of C4 and blow it up on YouTube I would do it in a heart beat! DO NOT BUY A GM mini van! You will have nothing but problems and the design is horrible! GM will do NOTHING to fix their problems!
Favorite Features
When we fist got the van brand new we were excited! But the problems started right away. With in the first few months there were numerous recalls that GM did not let us know about. Even ones that were a major hazard and could result in death. Yet GM didn't send out any info! The only way we found out was we were hit by this gal and they told us about it when we took it in to have it fixed. Nothing but problems!
Suggested Improvements
Fix the way the power doors and windows are installed. change the way the tire jack works and is located! change the way that the rearwindow washer fluid is supplied. change the whole engine department! You should NOT have to take out the engine support to get the battery out!
By litenfluffy
on 06/13/12 11:37 AM (PDT)

My friend, you seem to be telling my story almost ver batim! I won't say mine is a piece of junk but I'm having (or have had) some of these same issues. Thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy - I didn't know WHAT IN THE WORLD that rolling noise was in the ceiling! I know now to do some deeper investigating before buying a mini in the future. Since I am not a mechanic, I'm at the mercy of others and can't just fix these major things myself. I am a bit of a DIYer for simple things and most things under the hood that I can reach - and yes, I wrestled with that darn battery for 35 minutes. Chevy must have considered this a security feature because I GUARANTEE no thief has 1/2 hour to steal a battery. I would, however, like to know where you found the recall and hazard info. The only one I was told about was the sliding door handle problem. If you could supply a number or website, I would appreciate it. Thanx!