2000 Chevrolet Venture 3.4L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - I am getting chevy cars

2000 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Review

2000 Chevrolet Venture LT 4dr Ext Minivan

LT Passenger Minivan (3.4L V6 4-speed Automatic)

I am getting chevy cars anymore
By LAdude on

2000 Chevrolet Venture LT 4dr Ext Minivan

This car is not that reliable. It broke down in four months. Six month later, I found the car's temperature gauge went all the up. My mechanic found that the coolant system was OK, yet the temperature gauge showed overheating (until now). Last year, the engine started to "cough" and the car shake. Also last year, I started my car, and the engine was racing like when the gas pedal is hit hard, the engine idle control went out. I have only 35,000 miles on that minivan, and three months ago, I had to replace the transmission. Last month, my car started leaking a lot of oil, and I already have it fixed. Next year I’m getting Honda Odyssey.

Favorite Features

This minivan very roomy and comfortable. It is fun to drive this car for a long trip. Despite having lots of problems, I manage to drive this minivan from LA to Las Vegas twice).

Suggested Improvements

Can chevy make good relible cars? I read relatively lots of transmission problems on chevy cars.