Hit and Miss
By Dawn Coley on
2000 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan
Bought this used from a dealer. Were told the noise from the back when you turned off the engine was the air compressor, yes this has a compressor. Turned out they lied, the shocks had a leak. Have never been able to afford to get these fixed, because other more important parts were needing fixing. One repair after another for the first two years. Since I was broke from all the repairs could not afford a new car. The upkeep and repairs are brutal. Now at 100,000 miles all sorts of stuff breaking down. Keyless entry and locking mechanism stopped working. Gas gauge doesn't work. When it needs repairs very expensive because design of engine area many parts have to come out to repair what is broken.
Favorite Features
Only pluses I get great gas mileage and the tank is large. I get 570 miles for a 25 gallon tank. I can transport my kids and their friends in comfort and it holds a boat load of stuff.
Suggested Improvements
Everything mechanical.Make a family car to last.Obviously we are a family and can't afford to spend all of our money in car repairs, we need it for our family!