2000 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Review: Great vehicle, but we've had p

2000 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Review

LS Passenger Minivan (3.4L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Great vehicle, but we've had problems
By duraflex on

2000 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

I have owned 5 GM cars over the last 25 years and although I generally like the Venture, it has failures I've never had experienced before. The two biggest have been the head gasket issue on the 3.1L engine (almost $600) and now the A/C has died which will cost another $600-$800. These 2 items seem like common problems on this van. The negatives are the big servicing issues. I don't expect this from a GM product. I really hate to say this but it will make me question whether to buy GM in the future.

The van is good looking, runs great, gets very good MPG - 28 highway & 20 local, peppy engine, very roomy interior, comfortable seats, excellent visibility, handles well, drives like a good car - quiet and smooth ride on turnpikes or around town.

One expects to replace brakes, belts and batteries over time but NOT head gaskets and A/C units. We also had power window problems. Reliability needs to be improved.