Great fuel economy
By jeepride on
2000 Chevrolet Venture Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan
Had van since new. The interior parts are very cheap. The video system controllers kept popping out at times when accelerating. Dealer replaced them under warranty and they continued to fall out. I put adhesive strips behind them and they haven't fell off since. I pulled both front seats out the first week I owned the van to send them to an upholstery shop to add lower side support. Now much better. The leather seat surfaces wore a hole within 40,000 miles. My intake went at 42,000 miles. Keep an eye one your coolant level. The 100,000 spark plugs are meaningless with coils that only last 35,000 miles. Transmission shifts hard after 43,000 miles. Dealer charged me for a transmission flush ($300.00). Now bad again at 73K.
Favorite Features
Video for kids. Great fuel economy. 19 city, 28-30 on LONG trips. Van is huge. 4X8 sheet fits in the rear. A/C system cools of van well. Power 3rd row windows.
Suggested Improvements
Get better service departments. I'm tired of fixing their screw ups. Make coils and intake gaskets that last longer than the spark plugs. I would buy a new car but I feel like I am upside down with it even though I paid it off already. $4000 trade in? I'll drive this one into the ground.