Disappointed
By bisugreen on
2000 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan
Poor quality. My last minivan was a Lumina APV. Quality has gone down with the Venture. We had numerous problems with the windows - scratching sounds and grease from inside door. Numerous trips to dealer to get fixed. Several problems with dash lights like air bag, ABS, Check Engine. Cup holders on floor are flimsy. Rear hatch plastic handle broke. Replaced brakes just after warrenty expired. Replaced manifold gasket. Mechanic said this was very common. Dealer was nice enough to cover the cost of the manifold gasket even though we were past the warrenty. The change engine oil light is very tricky to reset.
Favorite Features
3.8 V6 has good pickup. I like how the seats roll forward to allow for hauling things in back. Other brands have to have the back seat taken out. I like the ability to roll half of the back split seat forward. The right power sliding door is convient. I like the CD/Cassette combo.
Suggested Improvements
The quality needs much improvement. I would not buy another Venture or recommend it to any one else. The arm rests for the front seats are too low and point to the floor (not level).