2000 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Review: Money pit

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Review

Money pit
By busymom on

2000 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

Bought used at a dealership, had low mileage at the time. One thing after another has gone wrong. I can't even remember all I have had to replace. I am now told that there is "something" draining my battery, but it will cost too much to find problem. Now at 100,000 miles, transmission going out, gas gauge does not work, auto door lock/unlock on key ring stopped working, and air conditioning going out. I am looking for another car to replace this one. Major money pit! Will never buy another again, or any other Chevy vehicle. Left bad taste in my mouth and wallet.

The room for the kids and their friends. I actually get really good gas mileage, average 23 mpg, but this is almost all hwy. It does hold a boat load of stuff.

Pretty much everything under the hood. If you have to have work done, it costs more, because of the odd configuration and other parts have to come out to fix part you have to have fixed or replace.