2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
I am getting chevy cars anymore
By LAdude on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan

This car is not that reliable. It broke down in four months. Six month later, I found the car's temperature gauge went all the up. My mechanic found that the coolant system was OK, yet the temperature gauge showed overheating (until now). Last year, the engine started to "cough" and the car shake. Also last year, I started my car, and the engine was racing like when the gas pedal is hit hard, the engine idle control went out. I have only 35,000 miles on that minivan, and three months ago, I had to replace the transmission. Last month, my car started leaking a lot of oil, and I already have it fixed. Next year I’m getting Honda Odyssey.

nice van
By leowes on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan

I bought this van used for my wife and children. Overall I am impressed with it. Being a mechanic, I look for quality and longevity along with value. The powertrain is very reliable, and maintenance is inexpensive. I have seen several of these vans in my shop and all have just been in for maintence and brakes. I cannot say the same for chrysler or ford products which seem to have weak powertrains. The acceleration is great, and handling is that of a car and not like a truck. I highly recommend this van.

Best minivan on the road
By Andrew Tourneur on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan

Comfterable ride, smooth driving, excelent reaction time, good handleing in the summer and winter (depending on tire) including traction features.

LOVE OUR WARNER BROS VENTURE
By WB Mama on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

We bought our Warner Bros Venture new, and after more than 2 years of driving it, we continue to love it. I have become very possessive of my WB and won't even let my husband drive it because its "my car." That doesn't bother my husband much anyway, because he'd rather sit in the back and watch movies with my son than drive. The car is great for long trips; the kids and hubby just sit in the back and stay happy watching movies or listening to CDs. That leaves me the peace I need to drive. A wonderful family car!!! Have had to return the car twice for recalls about the passenger sliding door, but it appears to be working well now.

Love it!
By g-cat on 09/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

We love it! It is comfortable and drives well. We have driven it from WA to Mexico several times and it was great. The kids kept busy with the videos and we were happy listening to the radio and cds.

2000 Chevy Venture
By krohn on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan

I love the Chevy Venture!! Its easy to drive, use options and comfortable. Its very roomy. The bench seat in back has lots of leg room!

Always Chevrolet
By American Buyer on 08/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan

First minivan. We love it! Gas milage averages all around in the mid to upper 20's. Plenty of room. Very convienient. Very comfortable, just got home from a 1500 mile road trip. Have had zero problems with our power sliding door.

Rockin Van
By Erik in Harleysville on 08/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan

Bought new. Have been pleased. Our first mini van. What a verstile machine. Bought it specifically over the Dodge and Honda. Drives great, nice looking.

Love My Venture
By SuperChief on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan

Bought it new, first minivan; wife loves the Medium Redfire color. Engine is good for the long haul, many trips at constant 70+ mph, never a whimper; transmission a smooth shifter, really good power when you need it. Handles well at all speeds. Has had two recalls on the power door so far, one to fix the door, one to fix the fix. The temp guage says it is overheating and the fans don't seem to come on to combat it, the dealers I have taken it to can't find the cause. Engine takes forever to warm up making the interior cold longer than usual in the winter.

Be careful
By noone on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

My wife and I bought the 2000 WB Venture after downsizing from a Chevy Astro. The only reason for getting rid of the Astro was convience of taking sleeping kids out of car seats in the back. Although we love the dual doors, and power driver side door (when it worked), we found ourselves quite frequently back at the dealership for the power sliding door. When the door didn't work, it would open manually either... Make sure you check that van has had the recalls done. I just traded my Venture for An AWD Astro 2002....Good By Venture....