Used 2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

Great fuel economy
By jeepride

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

Had van since new. The interior parts are very cheap. The video system controllers kept popping out at times when accelerating. Dealer replaced them under warranty and they continued to fall out. I put adhesive strips behind them and they haven't fell off since. I pulled both front seats out the first week I owned the van to send them to an upholstery shop to add lower side support. Now much better. The leather seat surfaces wore a hole within 40,000 miles. My intake went at 42,000 miles. Keep an eye one your coolant level. The 100,000 spark plugs are meaningless with coils that only last 35,000 miles. Transmission shifts hard after 43,000 miles. Dealer charged me for a transmission flush ($300.00). Now bad again at 73K.

Favorite Features

Video for kids. Great fuel economy. 19 city, 28-30 on LONG trips. Van is huge. 4X8 sheet fits in the rear. A/C system cools of van well. Power 3rd row windows.

Suggested Improvements

Get better service departments. I'm tired of fixing their screw ups. Make coils and intake gaskets that last longer than the spark plugs. I would buy a new car but I feel like I am upside down with it even though I paid it off already. $4000 trade in? I'll drive this one into the ground.

My Venture Van is a Money Pit
By Thompson Family

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan

From an appearance standpoint, I am pleased with my 2000 Venture, and enjoy driving it. As far as quality of the build, it blows me away how GM continues to flood the market with poor quality vehicles with embarrasing resale values. Among the mechanical problems I've had in my first 3 years of owning it (between 45,000-90,000 on the odometer): -Expensive leaking manifold gasket/coolant problems at 50,000 miles -Expensive ABS brake issues -Expensive front end & ball joint replacement -Warrantied sliding door Issues -Int. and Ext. electrical constantly flickers because of a short somewhere. - Fuel gauge always pegged on Full until the low fuel light comes on (then it shows empty)

Favorite Features

-Ceiling computer panel (MPG, temp, Avg.MPH, etc), rear air, storage throughout

Suggested Improvements

-Make a "Clear all" option on the ceiling computer panel (MPG,temp,Avg.MPH, etc) -Abandon the entire Dex-Cool concept -Unbury the battery

Love my Venture
By shanna

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

I love our Venture van! We have had very few problems other than recall and regular maintance. This van is great on trips with children! We are up to 82000 miles and still no major problems with the van. We really like the versitility of the seats because you can remove one or more to accomadate your personal needs at the time, and I can remove them by myself which was not something I could ever do with the Ford van we owned previously!

Favorite Features

Love the video system for the kids and OnStar which we have used a couple of times, I feel much safer knowing I have it.

Suggested Improvements

Wish there was a console/drink holder between front seats. The pull down drink holder broke first year we had the van so need to do something different.

Too Many Problems
By ?

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan

When new, towed back to dealer 3 times because it wouldn't start. Bad Ground. Two recalls on power door. New brakes with less than 20000 miles. Environmental air pump failure Out of warranty,$300+ repair. Sudden Transmission failure at 43000 miles. Chevy Paid even though it was 2yrs out of warranty. 3000 miles after rebuild, rough shifting & whirring noise, trouble with transmission pressure solenoid. Suggested it might be ROOT CAUSE of original transmission FAILURE. Fell on DEAF ears, $400+ bill! Leaking Plastic Gas Lines replaced. Another $400 bill. Car is 5 yrs old with 46600 miles. No longer sure of its reliability. Due for new exhaust system. Suspect Power Steering needs somethng.

Favorite Features

Load leveler Air Pump

Suggested Improvements

Accessable wiper blades in winter climates. Currently Unreachable when frozen beneath front hood below windshield. Larger LEDs to indicate when Air is On and when defogging rear windshield.

Excellent
By k5

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

I have never had to do anything more than change the oil, and I just put on new tires. I have 3 boys. They eat and drink in the car. Yes it gets dirty, but nothing that a little carpet cleaner can't fix. We have a VCR which still runs perfectly. I am pleasently surprised how well the Venture has lasted.

Favorite Features

I love the extended version. There is plenty of room to pack all of the camping gear. Of course if you ask the kids, their favorite feature is the video. I'll admit it has been a life saver on long trips.

Suggested Improvements

Since this is a 2000 model it is lacking some of the modern day conviences that the new minivans have such as DVD players, multidisc CD player, and dual sliding doors. Windows that go up and down in the 2nd and 3rd rows would be nice.