Used 2000 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

Worthless after 200,000 km
By B MacAvelia

2000 Chevrolet Venture Plus 4dr Ext Minivan

Not bad if you don't drive much. Lego kit used to put interior together. Leaking manifold gasket, coolant problems, gas gauge either full or low, poor lighting for night driving, electrical problems constant; pwr.windows, pwr. door locks, oil light reset is difficult to reset, and when it reaches 200,000 km it's scrap metal. AC/heater problems only worked on high. Removable seats are too heavy and are not that easy to remove or put back into place. Money pit in almost every way. Very poor value for the price.

Great stereo system, comfortable to drive, handles well on the highway. Lots of room for the teens. Easy to get in and out of if you have elderly parents riding with you. Didn't feel as vulnerable on the highway and hight gave better visibility when making left hand turns.

Put some quality into it because as it stands that is severely lacking. Quit using snap ons.

Venture impressions
By Jim S.

2000 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Minivan

An OK vehicle except for the intake gasket failures that they refused to warranty and the horrible resale value. Good for transporting kids and their assorted stuff. Electrical problems are showing up with regularity. Am experiencing some transmission trouble - it's starting to shift hard into overdrive. Due to price and mechanical issues i will not buy another one.

Very versatile.

GM must pay for their mistakes through the warranty process when problems occur through no fault of the owner or lose sales to other companies.

I like my Venture
By Dean

2000 Chevrolet Venture LT 4dr Ext Minivan

Bought my 2000 Venture new in Sept 1999 and I still love it. We put an average of 18,000 miles a year on the car and drive it all over the country with 3 kids every summer. It has plenty of room for kids and stuff and everyones happy. Our van currently has 110,000 miles on it and is still going strong. Haven't had any major problems just normal wear and tear. Overall a great van for a family that likes to travel.

Power sliding doors, 2nd row bucket seats, plenty of room for kids and luggage, drives more like a car than a truck

Would be nice if the seats folded under the carriage

Lemon Hall-of-Fame!!
By andslat

2000 Chevrolet Venture Value 4dr Minivan

Well all I have to say is...RUN! Do not buy this vehicle! We bought this vehicle brand-new & we bought it because of the 0%/60mos finacing offered by GMAC. Next time I would suck up the interest and buy foreign, or at least anything but GM! Intake manifold is the latest & greatest of our problems..awaiting final estimate! Many electrical problems, poor fuel mileage, rear hatch handle broke, rear windshield fluid replaced several times, cup-holders broken, etc. I am a "religious upkeep snob" on cars & take great care of my vehicles, but it doesn't matter in this case because GM's major engineering flaws. If you claim to love this vehicle...just wait, your day will come! BIG MISTAKE!

Van does look nice from the exterior...but so what if it is falling apart under the hood! A nice exterior won't matter then!

Where do I start?! I am not trying to be sarcastic, but very honest. This van is a ticking-time bomb & I want it out of my garage pronto! I have owned 4 new vehicles & this one frustrates me the most! There are so many problems! Why would GM continue to manufacture products with major failures?

Mine was made on a holiday!
By SDenney

2000 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Minivan

When we bought this car, we purchased an extended warranty. Unfortunately it was a dealer (MPP) warranty but we did not know this. The motor went out at 29,000 miles and we were forced to replace it!! The warranty only covered a portion of the cost plus a junkyard motor!! Lots of maintenance cost associated with it too! Little things like the blinker lights are expensive not to mention the back light panel.

A nice ride and easy to drive. Comfortable for a family with tall kids!