2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
Great fuel economy
By jeepride on 07/18/05 06:49 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

Had van since new. The interior parts are very cheap. The video system controllers kept popping out at times when accelerating. Dealer replaced them under warranty and they continued to fall out. I put adhesive strips behind them and they haven't fell off since. I pulled both front seats out the first week I owned the van to send them to an upholstery shop to add lower side support. Now much better. The leather seat surfaces wore a hole within 40,000 miles. My intake went at 42,000 miles. Keep an eye one your coolant level. The 100,000 spark plugs are meaningless with coils that only last 35,000 miles. Transmission shifts hard after 43,000 miles. Dealer charged me for a transmission flush ($300.00). Now bad again at 73K.

My Venture Van is a Money Pit
By Thompson Family on 05/29/05 10:39 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan

From an appearance standpoint, I am pleased with my 2000 Venture, and enjoy driving it. As far as quality of the build, it blows me away how GM continues to flood the market with poor quality vehicles with embarrasing resale values. Among the mechanical problems I've had in my first 3 years of owning it (between 45,000-90,000 on the odometer): -Expensive leaking manifold gasket/coolant problems at 50,000 miles -Expensive ABS brake issues -Expensive front end & ball joint replacement -Warrantied sliding door Issues -Int. and Ext. electrical constantly flickers because of a short somewhere. - Fuel gauge always pegged on Full until the low fuel light comes on (then it shows empty)

Love my Venture
By shanna on 04/23/05 13:37 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

I love our Venture van! We have had very few problems other than recall and regular maintance. This van is great on trips with children! We are up to 82000 miles and still no major problems with the van. We really like the versitility of the seats because you can remove one or more to accomadate your personal needs at the time, and I can remove them by myself which was not something I could ever do with the Ford van we owned previously!

Too Many Problems
By ? on 04/22/05 18:55 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan

When new, towed back to dealer 3 times because it wouldn't start. Bad Ground. Two recalls on power door. New brakes with less than 20000 miles. Environmental air pump failure Out of warranty,$300+ repair. Sudden Transmission failure at 43000 miles. Chevy Paid even though it was 2yrs out of warranty. 3000 miles after rebuild, rough shifting & whirring noise, trouble with transmission pressure solenoid. Suggested it might be ROOT CAUSE of original transmission FAILURE. Fell on DEAF ears, $400+ bill! Leaking Plastic Gas Lines replaced. Another $400 bill. Car is 5 yrs old with 46600 miles. No longer sure of its reliability. Due for new exhaust system. Suspect Power Steering needs somethng.

Excellent
By k5 on 02/05/05 20:52 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

I have never had to do anything more than change the oil, and I just put on new tires. I have 3 boys. They eat and drink in the car. Yes it gets dirty, but nothing that a little carpet cleaner can't fix. We have a VCR which still runs perfectly. I am pleasently surprised how well the Venture has lasted.

You get what you paid for
By wildkard58 on 10/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Value 4dr Minivan

At time of purchase, was best bang for buck. Has ABS, front and side airbags. We put about 18K kms per year. 2 road trips every year. Comfy ride highway & good gas mileage too. Under warranty, brought back 5 times to repair interior flaws, once for exterior paint. 3 GM dealers (under warranty period) said lo coolant light shows problem with sensor or head gasket problem. 3 months after warranty ended, coolant leak found: both intake manifold gaskets. This is a known issue with GM 3.4 litre V6s. After 2 months of "talking" with dealership and GM Canada, they fixed it under "goodwill" but still had to pay $130. Poor quality and bad dealer service.

Reliable Venture
By JMeadows on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan

This is our family vehicle. It is very reliable and comfortable. There are so many options for storage.

I WOULD BUY ANOTHER NEW ONE
By THE DAVIS FAMILY on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan

NO MAJOR PROBLEMS @ 90,000 MILES DO NOT LIKE CUP HOLDER ON PASSANGER SEAT. OVER ALL A GOOD RIDE.

Good family hauler
By Jtwizard on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

Bought this vehicle as a certified used car from GM dealership. Have taken it on several long trips with our three children. Good for everyone. Very comfortable.

Love it so far
By Cowboybill on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan

We've had the van for about a year and we've loved it so far. It's smooth, roomy and powerful. We had a 4wd Mazda MPV previously. We bought a service warranty with it because we knew it had a repuation of failing intake manifold gasket at around 60k- 80k. About 8-9mos after we had it the auto-sliding door wouldn't close properly. We finally took it to the dealership to fix it. While there I had them check the intake manifold gasket. They said it was leaking so I had them replace it under the warranty. The plastics parts in the inerior are not the strongest.