Used 2000 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

DO NOT BUY@!
By nanci

2000 Chevrolet Venture 4dr Minivan

We bought this van with 69,000 miles on it. We were only looking for a few years out of it and then we would buy something new. After several weeks of driving, we started hearing a high pitched squeal.My husband thought it was a belt so he put some belt dressing on it. Long story short.. our very trusted mechanic told us it needed $1800. worth of work. Intake manifold gasket, fuel pump, AC?? (don't remember the exact word) We put the money into it since we didn't have a warranty. Now, the transmission is slipping! Incredible!! Should have forked over more money to begin with and bought foreign. Oh, and I should also mention the back quarter panels are rusting faster than a speeding bullet!

Since mine is an economy without any frills, I have no favorite features.

Simply a great minivan
By duraflex

2000 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

Our 2000 Venture LS drove like a car but with so much more room inside. Fantastic visibility through big windshield and large side windows which are tinted just right. Just traded it for a 2008 Uplander LS - slightly more stylish but lacking many of the nice touches we enjoyed in the Venture. Great design on fold-down seats in 3rd row. Quick and simple to use.

Lots of places to put stuff - drawer under front seat, big glove box, compartments above and behind rear wheels and other nooks and crannies. Super comfortable fabric seats - with dual arm rests on front and second rows with captain chairs. DIC includes thermometer, compass as well a fuel info.

Better rustproofing. Better AC. Better design on openers for swing out windows at rear.

Pretty good when it's running
By Steve

2000 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

Blown head gasket at 23,000, multiple airbag sensors, 5 coolant sensors, 2 fuel pumps, a new gas cap, rebuilt rear brakes, A/C blower only works on 5, tail lights are bad on both sides, rusting from the inside out, radiator fans stopped working. Now it has about 84,000 miles on it. What can I say. This is why Chevy is going under. This car is a total piece of junk. It's never been reliable. I can't remember the check engine light ever being off.

It does have decent power and road manners for a minivan. The folding and/or removable seats have always been a nice feature. The design team did a decent job, it's the engineering dept that lets you down.

Same as every GM product I've ever owned.. Stop with the planned obsolesence! I'll never buy another GM product ever! I've owned Hondas, Mazdas, and a Toyota. They were all great. The Venture, like every other GM product I've owned, was born to die. Good riddance GM. I won't miss you!!

Bad car
By Dan.G

2000 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Minivan

I can"t beleive it was built by GM. I've always had Chevys but this is the last! Foreign next. Bought it at 137'000 klms for a good price privately. The first drive to license it the fuel pump went. The very next time driving at night the headlights flickered, had to change the alternator. The power door locks don't work either, rear window wiper too, evap sensor on the gas tank, then the wipers stay in the up position when they're off, and the last is the airbag light is on as well. I only have 140,000 on it now, just waiting for the intake gasket to leak now. Oh also the blower motor resistor went and only have heat in high.

It's good on gas and peppy

Put some quality into your vehicles. Warranty would be great. Give a repair manual with it. Maybe give these to high school auto shops, they'll make great mechanics when they're done

Don't buy this car used!
By mguzman

2000 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

I bought this car used and the interior fell apart within weeks of bringing it home. As many others have stated, the intake manifold issue was the last straw. If you only had to pay $800 you were lucky, I paid 1500 and still have issues with overheating, leaking etc. I've replaced the transmission. The seats weigh a ton and are hard to get out and are hard to get back in. We still own it, but only because we would never get back the money we put into it. If anyone tries to sell you this car and the intake manifold has not been replaced, don't buy it!

I did love the fact that it was roomy. I drive a Corolla now and I miss all the room I had. I really like the audio system, it had cool features.

I might still be a GM customer if they had done the right thing and recalled the intake manifold/gasket issue. They lost me when I had to pay that 1500 for something they were aware of and could have prevented.