2000 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
The Kid-Mobile
By Dale on 07/07/09 08:25 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture 4dr Minivan

I purchased this van because I had 3 kids under age 10! We have used it for all the family stuff including vacations to the Grand Canyon & Mt Rushmore. It has carried band members and deer. I plan to keep it for another 47,000 miles!

Stay Away!
By JJ on 06/21/09 08:38 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture 4dr Minivan

Multitude of problems. at 80K the intake gasket failed ($1000.00) at 90K, AC compressor clutch failed ($800.00) at 100K front end work ($600.00) corosion everywhere. Way to go GM - NEVER again will I be sucked into your vechicles to purchase. I have a 1998 Honda with twice the km's that still runs, drives and looks new and worth 5x as much in resale.

contrary to other reviews I love my van.
By flaGSmom on 04/23/09 14:05 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Plus 4dr Ext Minivan

I have read so many horrible reviews and I know the posters aren't lying but I absolutely love my van it so roomy and loaded with great features of course I have all the service records and this vehicle has been very well maintained and has only 60,000 miles, we keep a close eye on the intake just in case though and DH is mechanically inclined so it won't end up being a major issue of course its used and we expect that we will have to replace things the key is do it before it breaks and it doesn't end up in a dominoe effect like so many have stated I honestly never thought I was the minivan type but I love this van and I am a believer now

I am so disappointed
By Stacey on 03/30/09 05:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture LT 4dr Ext Minivan

We bought this van brand new at the dealership nine years ago. The first three years went great. Then the warranty expired and the wiper motor is shot and they stay in the up position all the time, the gas gauge doesn't work because the float is stuck ($500), the head gasket is shot ($500), the air conditioning is broke, and it is rusting apart in the driveway as I write this message!!! It has 80,000 miles on it. This car is a piece of junk! I know 9 years is a long time for a vehicle but this stuff went bust after the first three years. I keep driving it because after having a 5 year loan to pay for it I am broke and can not afford to buy another vehicle. :(

DO NOT BUY@!
By nanci on 03/08/09 07:50 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture 4dr Minivan

We bought this van with 69,000 miles on it. We were only looking for a few years out of it and then we would buy something new. After several weeks of driving, we started hearing a high pitched squeal.My husband thought it was a belt so he put some belt dressing on it. Long story short.. our very trusted mechanic told us it needed $1800. worth of work. Intake manifold gasket, fuel pump, AC?? (don't remember the exact word) We put the money into it since we didn't have a warranty. Now, the transmission is slipping! Incredible!! Should have forked over more money to begin with and bought foreign. Oh, and I should also mention the back quarter panels are rusting faster than a speeding bullet!

Simply a great minivan
By duraflex on 02/17/09 14:46 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

Our 2000 Venture LS drove like a car but with so much more room inside. Fantastic visibility through big windshield and large side windows which are tinted just right. Just traded it for a 2008 Uplander LS - slightly more stylish but lacking many of the nice touches we enjoyed in the Venture. Great design on fold-down seats in 3rd row. Quick and simple to use.

Pretty good when it's running
By Steve on 12/15/08 12:41 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

Blown head gasket at 23,000, multiple airbag sensors, 5 coolant sensors, 2 fuel pumps, a new gas cap, rebuilt rear brakes, A/C blower only works on 5, tail lights are bad on both sides, rusting from the inside out, radiator fans stopped working. Now it has about 84,000 miles on it. What can I say. This is why Chevy is going under. This car is a total piece of junk. It's never been reliable. I can't remember the check engine light ever being off.

Bad car
By Dan.G on 11/14/08 05:36 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Minivan

I can"t beleive it was built by GM. I've always had Chevys but this is the last! Foreign next. Bought it at 137'000 klms for a good price privately. The first drive to license it the fuel pump went. The very next time driving at night the headlights flickered, had to change the alternator. The power door locks don't work either, rear window wiper too, evap sensor on the gas tank, then the wipers stay in the up position when they're off, and the last is the airbag light is on as well. I only have 140,000 on it now, just waiting for the intake gasket to leak now. Oh also the blower motor resistor went and only have heat in high.

Don't buy this car used!
By mguzman on 09/15/07 22:28 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

I bought this car used and the interior fell apart within weeks of bringing it home. As many others have stated, the intake manifold issue was the last straw. If you only had to pay $800 you were lucky, I paid 1500 and still have issues with overheating, leaking etc. I've replaced the transmission. The seats weigh a ton and are hard to get out and are hard to get back in. We still own it, but only because we would never get back the money we put into it. If anyone tries to sell you this car and the intake manifold has not been replaced, don't buy it!

Sort of fun, sort of a lemon
By Shannon on 08/11/07 18:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

We had sort of a rough start with our Venture. The CD player, VCR, and airpump all went out in the first month. In the 7 years we have had it, we've put in a new master cylinder, new front tie ends on both wheels, something new in the transmission, and now the computer chip in one of the new tie ends has gone and so the abs system and traction control don't work. I would definitly get an extended warranty with this car. Other than that it has been really great for family trips. Very comfortable to ride in and good amenities