Used 2000 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Venture

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

Most Helpful|
Money pit
By busymom

2000 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

Bought used at a dealership, had low mileage at the time. One thing after another has gone wrong. I can't even remember all I have had to replace. I am now told that there is "something" draining my battery, but it will cost too much to find problem. Now at 100,000 miles, transmission going out, gas gauge does not work, auto door lock/unlock on key ring stopped working, and air conditioning going out. I am looking for another car to replace this one. Major money pit! Will never buy another again, or any other Chevy vehicle. Left bad taste in my mouth and wallet.

Favorite Features

The room for the kids and their friends. I actually get really good gas mileage, average 23 mpg, but this is almost all hwy. It does hold a boat load of stuff.

Suggested Improvements

Pretty much everything under the hood. If you have to have work done, it costs more, because of the odd configuration and other parts have to come out to fix part you have to have fixed or replace.

Best van I have owned
By odinoakin71

2000 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

Bought my Venture in 2006 with 88,000 miles. Have had zero issues. Change the oil every 3,000 miles. Van now has 167,000 miles and I drive it everyday.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage is 24 highway and 18 city... hauling around several family members...

Suggested Improvements

Headlights are fogged and hard to see in total darkness.

BAD VAN!
By evehowell

2000 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Minivan

LS my butt!!! I bought mine used 4 or 5 yrs ago, for $3,600. I have sunk more money into it then it is worth!! The automatic sliding door won't work right, the heat sucks real bad, the a/c stopped working a month after I bought it, I have had issues with the struts, brakes, ball barrings, anti-freeze leaks, anti-lock brakes, hard time starting this year after it has been driving, window not working now, my serpentine beat just fell off and a Head Gasket is leaking!!!!! Not putting any more money into it!!! only had 145,000miles!!! I drove two Plymouth Voyagers well past 200,000mi before losing them! Never again will I buy Chevy.

I would NOT buy a chevy to say my life!!!! Mostly their vans!
By ssmee7

2000 Chevrolet Venture Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

We have a 2000 Chevy venture mini van. Biggest pile of junk I've ever owned! Right after the warranty went out so did the gas gauge! Over $600 to fix it! It was a problem with ALL this model no matter if it was a chev or other GM! Then the power sliding door. Then the power windows, then the rear washer! Then a screw in the head liner over your head fell out some how and just rolls around and around! Nothing but problems with this van! If I could load it full of C4 and blow it up on YouTube I would do it in a heart beat! DO NOT BUY A GM mini van! You will have nothing but problems and the design is horrible! GM will do NOTHING to fix their problems!

Favorite Features

When we fist got the van brand new we were excited! But the problems started right away. With in the first few months there were numerous recalls that GM did not let us know about. Even ones that were a major hazard and could result in death. Yet GM didn't send out any info! The only way we found out was we were hit by this gal and they told us about it when we took it in to have it fixed. Nothing but problems!

Suggested Improvements

Fix the way the power doors and windows are installed. change the way the tire jack works and is located! change the way that the rearwindow washer fluid is supplied. change the whole engine department! You should NOT have to take out the engine support to get the battery out!

Chevy Ventures RULE!
By Bryan

2000 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Minivan

Well, the Chevy venture is the best thing I ever spent my money on. I had a lumina apv, it was great when I got it, then got the venture, then got the uplander (hated the uplander). Chevy ventures are the best of the GM minivans. It is great for hauling car loads of people to and from work (I car pool), and just a great van you can have!

Favorite Features

Power door, comfortable seats, power seats, and chrome design!

Suggested Improvements

Better acceleration, and rear air standard.