Used 2000 Chevrolet Venture LS Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

BAD VAN!
By evehowell

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan

LS my butt!!! I bought mine used 4 or 5 yrs ago, for $3,600. I have sunk more money into it then it is worth!! The automatic sliding door won't work right, the heat sucks real bad, the a/c stopped working a month after I bought it, I have had issues with the struts, brakes, ball barrings, anti-freeze leaks, anti-lock brakes, hard time starting this year after it has been driving, window not working now, my serpentine beat just fell off and a Head Gasket is leaking!!!!! Not putting any more money into it!!! only had 145,000miles!!! I drove two Plymouth Voyagers well past 200,000mi before losing them! Never again will I buy Chevy.

Chevy Ventures RULE!
By Bryan

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan

Well, the Chevy venture is the best thing I ever spent my money on. I had a lumina apv, it was great when I got it, then got the venture, then got the uplander (hated the uplander). Chevy ventures are the best of the GM minivans. It is great for hauling car loads of people to and from work (I car pool), and just a great van you can have!

Favorite Features

Power door, comfortable seats, power seats, and chrome design!

Suggested Improvements

Better acceleration, and rear air standard.

Don't Buy One Unless You Are A Mechanic!
By Beeka79

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan

Worst vehicle my family ever owned, bought our van w/ 33,000 miles and never imagined we were buying a money pit! It has been a few years since we got rid of it, but I remember a tranny rebuild, intake manifold gasket failure, a bad compressor, ABS problems and others w/ brakes, power locks, wiper motors and blinkers going out constantly. Traded it for a Honda at 60k miles. Would love to give GM another chance. But this van failed my expectations. Bad bad memories of this van!

Bad car
By Dan.G

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan

I can"t beleive it was built by GM. I've always had Chevys but this is the last! Foreign next. Bought it at 137'000 klms for a good price privately. The first drive to license it the fuel pump went. The very next time driving at night the headlights flickered, had to change the alternator. The power door locks don't work either, rear window wiper too, evap sensor on the gas tank, then the wipers stay in the up position when they're off, and the last is the airbag light is on as well. I only have 140,000 on it now, just waiting for the intake gasket to leak now. Oh also the blower motor resistor went and only have heat in high.

Favorite Features

It's good on gas and peppy

Suggested Improvements

Put some quality into your vehicles. Warranty would be great. Give a repair manual with it. Maybe give these to high school auto shops, they'll make great mechanics when they're done

Venture impressions
By Jim S.

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan

An OK vehicle except for the intake gasket failures that they refused to warranty and the horrible resale value. Good for transporting kids and their assorted stuff. Electrical problems are showing up with regularity. Am experiencing some transmission trouble - it's starting to shift hard into overdrive. Due to price and mechanical issues i will not buy another one.

Favorite Features

Very versatile.

Suggested Improvements

GM must pay for their mistakes through the warranty process when problems occur through no fault of the owner or lose sales to other companies.