2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
BAD VAN!
By evehowell on 02/05/13 09:52 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan

LS my butt!!! I bought mine used 4 or 5 yrs ago, for $3,600. I have sunk more money into it then it is worth!! The automatic sliding door won't work right, the heat sucks real bad, the a/c stopped working a month after I bought it, I have had issues with the struts, brakes, ball barrings, anti-freeze leaks, anti-lock brakes, hard time starting this year after it has been driving, window not working now, my serpentine beat just fell off and a Head Gasket is leaking!!!!! Not putting any more money into it!!! only had 145,000miles!!! I drove two Plymouth Voyagers well past 200,000mi before losing them! Never again will I buy Chevy.

Chevy Ventures RULE!
By Bryan on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan

Well, the Chevy venture is the best thing I ever spent my money on. I had a lumina apv, it was great when I got it, then got the venture, then got the uplander (hated the uplander). Chevy ventures are the best of the GM minivans. It is great for hauling car loads of people to and from work (I car pool), and just a great van you can have!

Don't Buy One Unless You Are A Mechanic!
By Beeka79 on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan

Worst vehicle my family ever owned, bought our van w/ 33,000 miles and never imagined we were buying a money pit! It has been a few years since we got rid of it, but I remember a tranny rebuild, intake manifold gasket failure, a bad compressor, ABS problems and others w/ brakes, power locks, wiper motors and blinkers going out constantly. Traded it for a Honda at 60k miles. Would love to give GM another chance. But this van failed my expectations. Bad bad memories of this van!

Bad car
By Dan.G on 11/14/08 05:36 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan

I can"t beleive it was built by GM. I've always had Chevys but this is the last! Foreign next. Bought it at 137'000 klms for a good price privately. The first drive to license it the fuel pump went. The very next time driving at night the headlights flickered, had to change the alternator. The power door locks don't work either, rear window wiper too, evap sensor on the gas tank, then the wipers stay in the up position when they're off, and the last is the airbag light is on as well. I only have 140,000 on it now, just waiting for the intake gasket to leak now. Oh also the blower motor resistor went and only have heat in high.

Venture impressions
By Jim S. on 01/14/06 15:30 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan

An OK vehicle except for the intake gasket failures that they refused to warranty and the horrible resale value. Good for transporting kids and their assorted stuff. Electrical problems are showing up with regularity. Am experiencing some transmission trouble - it's starting to shift hard into overdrive. Due to price and mechanical issues i will not buy another one.

Mine was made on a holiday!
By SDenney on 08/17/05 14:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan

When we bought this car, we purchased an extended warranty. Unfortunately it was a dealer (MPP) warranty but we did not know this. The motor went out at 29,000 miles and we were forced to replace it!! The warranty only covered a portion of the cost plus a junkyard motor!! Lots of maintenance cost associated with it too! Little things like the blinker lights are expensive not to mention the back light panel.

Reliable Venture
By JMeadows on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan

This is our family vehicle. It is very reliable and comfortable. There are so many options for storage.

nice van
By leowes on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan

I bought this van used for my wife and children. Overall I am impressed with it. Being a mechanic, I look for quality and longevity along with value. The powertrain is very reliable, and maintenance is inexpensive. I have seen several of these vans in my shop and all have just been in for maintence and brakes. I cannot say the same for chrysler or ford products which seem to have weak powertrains. The acceleration is great, and handling is that of a car and not like a truck. I highly recommend this van.

Best minivan on the road
By Andrew Tourneur on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan

Comfterable ride, smooth driving, excelent reaction time, good handleing in the summer and winter (depending on tire) including traction features.

2000 Chevy Venture
By krohn on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan

I love the Chevy Venture!! Its easy to drive, use options and comfortable. Its very roomy. The bench seat in back has lots of leg room!