2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
Bought mine NEW!!!
By Purchased New on 12/21/09 21:14 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan

Purchased vehicle new and added a 100,000 mile warranty. Glad I did. After 62,000 miles we had to replace the transmission. Great dealer service and no problems with transmission since! Several problems with what felt like transmission shifting problems. Local mechanic replaced the spark plugs and wires and this fixed the problem. Overall it has been a good, reliable vehicle for a young family of 5. Recently the van has had several mechanical faults costing a total of $2500. Now it has started smoking (from where I have NO idea). Will sell soon but have enjoyed the van.

I am so disappointed
By Stacey on 03/30/09 05:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan

We bought this van brand new at the dealership nine years ago. The first three years went great. Then the warranty expired and the wiper motor is shot and they stay in the up position all the time, the gas gauge doesn't work because the float is stuck ($500), the head gasket is shot ($500), the air conditioning is broke, and it is rusting apart in the driveway as I write this message!!! It has 80,000 miles on it. This car is a piece of junk! I know 9 years is a long time for a vehicle but this stuff went bust after the first three years. I keep driving it because after having a 5 year loan to pay for it I am broke and can not afford to buy another vehicle. :(

Long term Venture
By Rich Little on 04/13/07 08:26 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan

Van now has 92k on it. Just replaced the intake manifold gasket and the water pump and thermostat. The gasket has been leaking slowly since it was new but I started getting a little coolant in the oil so I changed it. Heat/ac diverter does not work anymore, blows half defrost and half panel all the time. No big deal I guess. Other than tires brakes and filters and lube the van has run great since day one. Paint still shines and interior is holding up fine. The 3.4 motor is adequate but a little noise if you push it hard. Van handles better than any other van I've ever driven. I'd plan to buy another in 3 yrs or so.

I like my Venture
By Dean on 12/28/05 08:07 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan

Bought my 2000 Venture new in Sept 1999 and I still love it. We put an average of 18,000 miles a year on the car and drive it all over the country with 3 kids every summer. It has plenty of room for kids and stuff and everyones happy. Our van currently has 110,000 miles on it and is still going strong. Haven't had any major problems just normal wear and tear. Overall a great van for a family that likes to travel.

Bad Chevy
By Bill on 08/07/05 08:06 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan

This has been the minivan from hell. GM put in a new kind of head gasket. The bad news is that it has to be changed when you get a coolant leak anywhere from 40,000 to 60,000 miles. All kinds of electrical probiems. Stay away from the Ventures. If you have one, Good luck. Mine is in the shop now. This is going to be the 4th alternator put on in a year.

Too Many Problems
By ? on 04/22/05 18:55 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan

When new, towed back to dealer 3 times because it wouldn't start. Bad Ground. Two recalls on power door. New brakes with less than 20000 miles. Environmental air pump failure Out of warranty,$300+ repair. Sudden Transmission failure at 43000 miles. Chevy Paid even though it was 2yrs out of warranty. 3000 miles after rebuild, rough shifting & whirring noise, trouble with transmission pressure solenoid. Suggested it might be ROOT CAUSE of original transmission FAILURE. Fell on DEAF ears, $400+ bill! Leaking Plastic Gas Lines replaced. Another $400 bill. Car is 5 yrs old with 46600 miles. No longer sure of its reliability. Due for new exhaust system. Suspect Power Steering needs somethng.

Great van
By fischam on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan

I have had this van for almost 4 years now and so far so good at 45K, Drives great and is very comfortable on long trips. Excellant gas mileage around town and hwy with plenty of power. I did alot of research back in 1999 on this and other minivans by cruising thru message boards and feedback sites and found the Venture to have the least complaints. My research has paid off.

Buy Japanese
By Katy on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan

I would never buy another Chevy Venture. Our back windshield wiper fluid dispenser has been fixed 3 times and is broken again. The driver's side window jams and won't go down all the way. A year ago, the airbag light went on and wouldn't go off. Not covered under warrenty. We've had the seat belt replaced because it tore. The front seat fabric tore--replaced under warranty. The rear heat/ac doesn't work anymore or only at times--costly repair. It does get good gas mileage and is easy to drive.

I am getting chevy cars anymore
By LAdude on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan

This car is not that reliable. It broke down in four months. Six month later, I found the car's temperature gauge went all the up. My mechanic found that the coolant system was OK, yet the temperature gauge showed overheating (until now). Last year, the engine started to "cough" and the car shake. Also last year, I started my car, and the engine was racing like when the gas pedal is hit hard, the engine idle control went out. I have only 35,000 miles on that minivan, and three months ago, I had to replace the transmission. Last month, my car started leaking a lot of oil, and I already have it fixed. Next year I’m getting Honda Odyssey.

Always Chevrolet
By American Buyer on 08/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan

First minivan. We love it! Gas milage averages all around in the mid to upper 20's. Plenty of room. Very convienient. Very comfortable, just got home from a 1500 mile road trip. Have had zero problems with our power sliding door.