Used 2000 Chevrolet Venture LT Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

Bought mine NEW!!!
By Purchased New

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan

Purchased vehicle new and added a 100,000 mile warranty. Glad I did. After 62,000 miles we had to replace the transmission. Great dealer service and no problems with transmission since! Several problems with what felt like transmission shifting problems. Local mechanic replaced the spark plugs and wires and this fixed the problem. Overall it has been a good, reliable vehicle for a young family of 5. Recently the van has had several mechanical faults costing a total of $2500. Now it has started smoking (from where I have NO idea). Will sell soon but have enjoyed the van.

Favorite Features

The power sliding passenger-side door is great for a family. The fuel economy (averages 23mpg) is good for a van. Smooth riding van.

Suggested Improvements

Interior fit and finish needs major improvement. Install useful cup holders up front.

I am so disappointed
By Stacey

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan

We bought this van brand new at the dealership nine years ago. The first three years went great. Then the warranty expired and the wiper motor is shot and they stay in the up position all the time, the gas gauge doesn't work because the float is stuck ($500), the head gasket is shot ($500), the air conditioning is broke, and it is rusting apart in the driveway as I write this message!!! It has 80,000 miles on it. This car is a piece of junk! I know 9 years is a long time for a vehicle but this stuff went bust after the first three years. I keep driving it because after having a 5 year loan to pay for it I am broke and can not afford to buy another vehicle. :(

Favorite Features

Large captain seats allows comfortable ride for our kids.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I can think of is to buy another vehicle. It most certainly will NOT be a Chevrolet!

Long term Venture
By Rich Little

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan

Van now has 92k on it. Just replaced the intake manifold gasket and the water pump and thermostat. The gasket has been leaking slowly since it was new but I started getting a little coolant in the oil so I changed it. Heat/ac diverter does not work anymore, blows half defrost and half panel all the time. No big deal I guess. Other than tires brakes and filters and lube the van has run great since day one. Paint still shines and interior is holding up fine. The 3.4 motor is adequate but a little noise if you push it hard. Van handles better than any other van I've ever driven. I'd plan to buy another in 3 yrs or so.

Favorite Features

Ride/handling

Suggested Improvements

Engine is more accessible in the new Uplander which also has a larger 3.9 motor.

I like my Venture
By Dean

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan

Bought my 2000 Venture new in Sept 1999 and I still love it. We put an average of 18,000 miles a year on the car and drive it all over the country with 3 kids every summer. It has plenty of room for kids and stuff and everyones happy. Our van currently has 110,000 miles on it and is still going strong. Haven't had any major problems just normal wear and tear. Overall a great van for a family that likes to travel.

Favorite Features

Power sliding doors, 2nd row bucket seats, plenty of room for kids and luggage, drives more like a car than a truck

Suggested Improvements

Would be nice if the seats folded under the carriage

Bad Chevy
By Bill

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan

This has been the minivan from hell. GM put in a new kind of head gasket. The bad news is that it has to be changed when you get a coolant leak anywhere from 40,000 to 60,000 miles. All kinds of electrical probiems. Stay away from the Ventures. If you have one, Good luck. Mine is in the shop now. This is going to be the 4th alternator put on in a year.

Favorite Features

Not too much

Suggested Improvements

Make a better product