2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
BAD VAN!
By evehowell on 02/05/13 09:52 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan

LS my butt!!! I bought mine used 4 or 5 yrs ago, for $3,600. I have sunk more money into it then it is worth!! The automatic sliding door won't work right, the heat sucks real bad, the a/c stopped working a month after I bought it, I have had issues with the struts, brakes, ball barrings, anti-freeze leaks, anti-lock brakes, hard time starting this year after it has been driving, window not working now, my serpentine beat just fell off and a Head Gasket is leaking!!!!! Not putting any more money into it!!! only had 145,000miles!!! I drove two Plymouth Voyagers well past 200,000mi before losing them! Never again will I buy Chevy.

I would NOT buy a chevy to say my life!!!! Mostly their vans!
By ssmee7 on 04/30/12 20:25 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

We have a 2000 Chevy venture mini van. Biggest pile of junk I've ever owned! Right after the warranty went out so did the gas gauge! Over $600 to fix it! It was a problem with ALL this model no matter if it was a chev or other GM! Then the power sliding door. Then the power windows, then the rear washer! Then a screw in the head liner over your head fell out some how and just rolls around and around! Nothing but problems with this van! If I could load it full of C4 and blow it up on YouTube I would do it in a heart beat! DO NOT BUY A GM mini van! You will have nothing but problems and the design is horrible! GM will do NOTHING to fix their problems!

Best van I have owned
By odinoakin71 on 02/05/12 17:22 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan

Bought my Venture in 2006 with 88,000 miles. Have had zero issues. Change the oil every 3,000 miles. Van now has 167,000 miles and I drive it everyday.

Chevy Ventures RULE!
By Bryan on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan

Well, the Chevy venture is the best thing I ever spent my money on. I had a lumina apv, it was great when I got it, then got the venture, then got the uplander (hated the uplander). Chevy ventures are the best of the GM minivans. It is great for hauling car loads of people to and from work (I car pool), and just a great van you can have!

Be careful!
By ArtisticInAZ on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Value 4dr Minivan

Lots of repairs! Had to put in a new engine around 80K. Brakes, AC compressor, plus many other minor repairs. The last major cost were new computers (it has TWO!) Apparently it is a manufacturing error and we are now waiting for money back from GM. At first we thought it was the transmission (be sure it's not- expensive!); had that checked out and it was fine (honest mechanic!) It continued to have trouble shifting and finally decided not to start one day. It needed a new fuel rail and fuel pump. Still had trouble after that and found out it was the computer that caused all of the fuel rail trouble which caused us to need a new fuel pump. OUCH!!!

Don't Buy One Unless You Are A Mechanic!
By Beeka79 on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan

Worst vehicle my family ever owned, bought our van w/ 33,000 miles and never imagined we were buying a money pit! It has been a few years since we got rid of it, but I remember a tranny rebuild, intake manifold gasket failure, a bad compressor, ABS problems and others w/ brakes, power locks, wiper motors and blinkers going out constantly. Traded it for a Honda at 60k miles. Would love to give GM another chance. But this van failed my expectations. Bad bad memories of this van!

Money pit
By busymom on 07/22/10 15:20 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan

Bought used at a dealership, had low mileage at the time. One thing after another has gone wrong. I can't even remember all I have had to replace. I am now told that there is "something" draining my battery, but it will cost too much to find problem. Now at 100,000 miles, transmission going out, gas gauge does not work, auto door lock/unlock on key ring stopped working, and air conditioning going out. I am looking for another car to replace this one. Major money pit! Will never buy another again, or any other Chevy vehicle. Left bad taste in my mouth and wallet.

Hit and Miss
By Dawn Coley on 06/09/10 20:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan

Bought this used from a dealer. Were told the noise from the back when you turned off the engine was the air compressor, yes this has a compressor. Turned out they lied, the shocks had a leak. Have never been able to afford to get these fixed, because other more important parts were needing fixing. One repair after another for the first two years. Since I was broke from all the repairs could not afford a new car. The upkeep and repairs are brutal. Now at 100,000 miles all sorts of stuff breaking down. Keyless entry and locking mechanism stopped working. Gas gauge doesn't work. When it needs repairs very expensive because design of engine area many parts have to come out to repair what is broken.

Bought mine NEW!!!
By Purchased New on 12/21/09 21:14 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan

Purchased vehicle new and added a 100,000 mile warranty. Glad I did. After 62,000 miles we had to replace the transmission. Great dealer service and no problems with transmission since! Several problems with what felt like transmission shifting problems. Local mechanic replaced the spark plugs and wires and this fixed the problem. Overall it has been a good, reliable vehicle for a young family of 5. Recently the van has had several mechanical faults costing a total of $2500. Now it has started smoking (from where I have NO idea). Will sell soon but have enjoyed the van.

Black Hole For Money - Run from this van
By Former GM Fan on 08/15/09 17:13 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan

We bought this van after a deer totaled our 1996 Lumina sedan. We've owned 5 Chevrolets before this and all performed wonderfully for us.We needed a car immediately after the deer strike for my wife to drive to work and a good looking 2000 van sat in the lot of my home town dealer, so expecting another trouble free Chevy, we bought the Venture. What a mistake! Rebuilt transmission, replaced the infamous intake gasket, replaced the water pump, ABS quit working, headlights fill up with water when it rains, rear a/c quit, interior/exterior/headlights/tail lights go on and off at random, repair shops can't figure out why. Overheats in hills. No more GM vehicles for this former customer ever again