2000 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
The Kid-Mobile
By Dale on 07/07/09 08:25 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture 4dr Minivan

I purchased this van because I had 3 kids under age 10! We have used it for all the family stuff including vacations to the Grand Canyon & Mt Rushmore. It has carried band members and deer. I plan to keep it for another 47,000 miles!

Stay Away!
By JJ on 06/21/09 08:38 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture 4dr Minivan

Multitude of problems. at 80K the intake gasket failed ($1000.00) at 90K, AC compressor clutch failed ($800.00) at 100K front end work ($600.00) corosion everywhere. Way to go GM - NEVER again will I be sucked into your vechicles to purchase. I have a 1998 Honda with twice the km's that still runs, drives and looks new and worth 5x as much in resale.

DO NOT BUY@!
By nanci on 03/08/09 07:50 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture 4dr Minivan

We bought this van with 69,000 miles on it. We were only looking for a few years out of it and then we would buy something new. After several weeks of driving, we started hearing a high pitched squeal.My husband thought it was a belt so he put some belt dressing on it. Long story short.. our very trusted mechanic told us it needed $1800. worth of work. Intake manifold gasket, fuel pump, AC?? (don't remember the exact word) We put the money into it since we didn't have a warranty. Now, the transmission is slipping! Incredible!! Should have forked over more money to begin with and bought foreign. Oh, and I should also mention the back quarter panels are rusting faster than a speeding bullet!

We like our Chevy Venture
By Iacono on 06/07/06 23:11 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture 4dr Minivan

We have excelent service. Bought the seven year warranty and it has paid for itself. A good car for elderly folks [70 something].

Bad transmission
By ht on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture 4dr Minivan

I bought the van used in Feb. 2003,when it had 12,000 miles on it. It now has 25,000 and shifts roughly. I think the tranmission will go out soon.