2000 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
I would NOT buy a chevy to say my life!!!! Mostly their vans!
By ssmee7 on 04/30/12 20:25 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

We have a 2000 Chevy venture mini van. Biggest pile of junk I've ever owned! Right after the warranty went out so did the gas gauge! Over $600 to fix it! It was a problem with ALL this model no matter if it was a chev or other GM! Then the power sliding door. Then the power windows, then the rear washer! Then a screw in the head liner over your head fell out some how and just rolls around and around! Nothing but problems with this van! If I could load it full of C4 and blow it up on YouTube I would do it in a heart beat! DO NOT BUY A GM mini van! You will have nothing but problems and the design is horrible! GM will do NOTHING to fix their problems!

Sort of fun, sort of a lemon
By Shannon on 08/11/07 18:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

We had sort of a rough start with our Venture. The CD player, VCR, and airpump all went out in the first month. In the 7 years we have had it, we've put in a new master cylinder, new front tie ends on both wheels, something new in the transmission, and now the computer chip in one of the new tie ends has gone and so the abs system and traction control don't work. I would definitly get an extended warranty with this car. Other than that it has been really great for family trips. Very comfortable to ride in and good amenities

Great fuel economy
By jeepride on 07/18/05 06:49 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

Had van since new. The interior parts are very cheap. The video system controllers kept popping out at times when accelerating. Dealer replaced them under warranty and they continued to fall out. I put adhesive strips behind them and they haven't fell off since. I pulled both front seats out the first week I owned the van to send them to an upholstery shop to add lower side support. Now much better. The leather seat surfaces wore a hole within 40,000 miles. My intake went at 42,000 miles. Keep an eye one your coolant level. The 100,000 spark plugs are meaningless with coils that only last 35,000 miles. Transmission shifts hard after 43,000 miles. Dealer charged me for a transmission flush ($300.00). Now bad again at 73K.

Love my Venture
By shanna on 04/23/05 13:37 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

I love our Venture van! We have had very few problems other than recall and regular maintance. This van is great on trips with children! We are up to 82000 miles and still no major problems with the van. We really like the versitility of the seats because you can remove one or more to accomadate your personal needs at the time, and I can remove them by myself which was not something I could ever do with the Ford van we owned previously!

Excellent
By k5 on 02/05/05 20:52 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

I have never had to do anything more than change the oil, and I just put on new tires. I have 3 boys. They eat and drink in the car. Yes it gets dirty, but nothing that a little carpet cleaner can't fix. We have a VCR which still runs perfectly. I am pleasently surprised how well the Venture has lasted.

Good family hauler
By Jtwizard on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

Bought this vehicle as a certified used car from GM dealership. Have taken it on several long trips with our three children. Good for everyone. Very comfortable.

Nickels and Dimes
By JustSayNoToChevy on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

I bought this rolling nightmare six short months ago, from CarMax, where they have the 160 point evaluation . . .hmmm . . . they don't keep records of them, by the way . . . This thing has been in the shop at least once a month since I've owned it, and every time I get it back, I am just waiting for the next problem. The interior trim is a joke - I am amazed that the engineers at Chevy could get away with such a poor design. This thing is truly a joke. Thanks to this thing, I will never, ever buy a domestic car again, nor will I ever buy from CarMax again.

Gotta have the Warner Bros option
By soccerdad on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

Still not sure how I ended up with an American made vehicle after owning many imports that did not give me any reason to change my ways. The 0% 60 month financing was the back breaker because no import vans offered even close to that back in 2000. The 2-3-2 modular seating is a great feature for our family of 5. We can still get everyone in and have tons of room in back for those long trips. The Warner Brothers video player has performed flawlessly and has made the aforementioned trips a breeze for adults and children. It has been quite hard recently to find a vehicle that has the same amenities while retaining the value that we have in this minivan.

WB 2000 Blue, Great Seats
By Venture_Owner_2000_B on 10/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

A great Minivan, Great Features and good finish in and out. No Problems yet, besides the Power Slider (someone tried to close it as it was power closing, should have warning label!!)

LOVE OUR WARNER BROS VENTURE
By WB Mama on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

We bought our Warner Bros Venture new, and after more than 2 years of driving it, we continue to love it. I have become very possessive of my WB and won't even let my husband drive it because its "my car." That doesn't bother my husband much anyway, because he'd rather sit in the back and watch movies with my son than drive. The car is great for long trips; the kids and hubby just sit in the back and stay happy watching movies or listening to CDs. That leaves me the peace I need to drive. A wonderful family car!!! Have had to return the car twice for recalls about the passenger sliding door, but it appears to be working well now.