Used 2000 Chevrolet Venture Warner Brothers Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

I would NOT buy a chevy to say my life!!!! Mostly their vans!
By ssmee7

2000 Chevrolet Venture Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

We have a 2000 Chevy venture mini van. Biggest pile of junk I've ever owned! Right after the warranty went out so did the gas gauge! Over $600 to fix it! It was a problem with ALL this model no matter if it was a chev or other GM! Then the power sliding door. Then the power windows, then the rear washer! Then a screw in the head liner over your head fell out some how and just rolls around and around! Nothing but problems with this van! If I could load it full of C4 and blow it up on YouTube I would do it in a heart beat! DO NOT BUY A GM mini van! You will have nothing but problems and the design is horrible! GM will do NOTHING to fix their problems!

When we fist got the van brand new we were excited! But the problems started right away. With in the first few months there were numerous recalls that GM did not let us know about. Even ones that were a major hazard and could result in death. Yet GM didn't send out any info! The only way we found out was we were hit by this gal and they told us about it when we took it in to have it fixed. Nothing but problems!

Fix the way the power doors and windows are installed. change the way the tire jack works and is located! change the way that the rearwindow washer fluid is supplied. change the whole engine department! You should NOT have to take out the engine support to get the battery out!

Sort of fun, sort of a lemon
By Shannon

2000 Chevrolet Venture Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

We had sort of a rough start with our Venture. The CD player, VCR, and airpump all went out in the first month. In the 7 years we have had it, we've put in a new master cylinder, new front tie ends on both wheels, something new in the transmission, and now the computer chip in one of the new tie ends has gone and so the abs system and traction control don't work. I would definitly get an extended warranty with this car. Other than that it has been really great for family trips. Very comfortable to ride in and good amenities

The TV! I also like the configuration of the seats and how easy they are to remove

A console between the drivers seats would be nice.

Great fuel economy
By jeepride

2000 Chevrolet Venture Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

Had van since new. The interior parts are very cheap. The video system controllers kept popping out at times when accelerating. Dealer replaced them under warranty and they continued to fall out. I put adhesive strips behind them and they haven't fell off since. I pulled both front seats out the first week I owned the van to send them to an upholstery shop to add lower side support. Now much better. The leather seat surfaces wore a hole within 40,000 miles. My intake went at 42,000 miles. Keep an eye one your coolant level. The 100,000 spark plugs are meaningless with coils that only last 35,000 miles. Transmission shifts hard after 43,000 miles. Dealer charged me for a transmission flush ($300.00). Now bad again at 73K.

Video for kids. Great fuel economy. 19 city, 28-30 on LONG trips. Van is huge. 4X8 sheet fits in the rear. A/C system cools of van well. Power 3rd row windows.

Get better service departments. I'm tired of fixing their screw ups. Make coils and intake gaskets that last longer than the spark plugs. I would buy a new car but I feel like I am upside down with it even though I paid it off already. $4000 trade in? I'll drive this one into the ground.

Love my Venture
By shanna

2000 Chevrolet Venture Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

I love our Venture van! We have had very few problems other than recall and regular maintance. This van is great on trips with children! We are up to 82000 miles and still no major problems with the van. We really like the versitility of the seats because you can remove one or more to accomadate your personal needs at the time, and I can remove them by myself which was not something I could ever do with the Ford van we owned previously!

Love the video system for the kids and OnStar which we have used a couple of times, I feel much safer knowing I have it.

Wish there was a console/drink holder between front seats. The pull down drink holder broke first year we had the van so need to do something different.

Excellent
By k5

2000 Chevrolet Venture Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

I have never had to do anything more than change the oil, and I just put on new tires. I have 3 boys. They eat and drink in the car. Yes it gets dirty, but nothing that a little carpet cleaner can't fix. We have a VCR which still runs perfectly. I am pleasently surprised how well the Venture has lasted.

I love the extended version. There is plenty of room to pack all of the camping gear. Of course if you ask the kids, their favorite feature is the video. I'll admit it has been a life saver on long trips.

Since this is a 2000 model it is lacking some of the modern day conviences that the new minivans have such as DVD players, multidisc CD player, and dual sliding doors. Windows that go up and down in the 2nd and 3rd rows would be nice.