2000 Chevrolet Venture Value Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

2000 Venture Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

Sort Reviews by

BAD VAN!
By evehowell

2000 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Minivan

LS my butt!!! I bought mine used 4 or 5 yrs ago, for $3,600. I have sunk more money into it then it is worth!! The automatic sliding door won't work right, the heat sucks real bad, the a/c stopped working a month after I bought it, I have had issues with the struts, brakes, ball barrings, anti-freeze leaks, anti-lock brakes, hard time starting this year after it has been driving, window not working now, my serpentine beat just fell off and a Head Gasket is leaking!!!!! Not putting any more money into it!!! only had 145,000miles!!! I drove two Plymouth Voyagers well past 200,000mi before losing them! Never again will I buy Chevy.

I would NOT buy a chevy to say my life!!!! Mostly their vans!
By ssmee7

2000 Chevrolet Venture Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

We have a 2000 Chevy venture mini van. Biggest pile of junk I've ever owned! Right after the warranty went out so did the gas gauge! Over $600 to fix it! It was a problem with ALL this model no matter if it was a chev or other GM! Then the power sliding door. Then the power windows, then the rear washer! Then a screw in the head liner over your head fell out some how and just rolls around and around! Nothing but problems with this van! If I could load it full of C4 and blow it up on YouTube I would do it in a heart beat! DO NOT BUY A GM mini van! You will have nothing but problems and the design is horrible! GM will do NOTHING to fix their problems!

Favorite Features

When we fist got the van brand new we were excited! But the problems started right away. With in the first few months there were numerous recalls that GM did not let us know about. Even ones that were a major hazard and could result in death. Yet GM didn't send out any info! The only way we found out was we were hit by this gal and they told us about it when we took it in to have it fixed. Nothing but problems!

Suggested Improvements

Fix the way the power doors and windows are installed. change the way the tire jack works and is located! change the way that the rearwindow washer fluid is supplied. change the whole engine department! You should NOT have to take out the engine support to get the battery out!

Best van I have owned
By odinoakin71

2000 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

Bought my Venture in 2006 with 88,000 miles. Have had zero issues. Change the oil every 3,000 miles. Van now has 167,000 miles and I drive it everyday.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage is 24 highway and 18 city... hauling around several family members...

Suggested Improvements

Headlights are fogged and hard to see in total darkness.

Chevy Ventures RULE!
By Bryan

2000 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Minivan

Well, the Chevy venture is the best thing I ever spent my money on. I had a lumina apv, it was great when I got it, then got the venture, then got the uplander (hated the uplander). Chevy ventures are the best of the GM minivans. It is great for hauling car loads of people to and from work (I car pool), and just a great van you can have!

Favorite Features

Power door, comfortable seats, power seats, and chrome design!

Suggested Improvements

Better acceleration, and rear air standard.

Be careful!
By ArtisticInAZ

2000 Chevrolet Venture Value 4dr Minivan

Lots of repairs! Had to put in a new engine around 80K. Brakes, AC compressor, plus many other minor repairs. The last major cost were new computers (it has TWO!) Apparently it is a manufacturing error and we are now waiting for money back from GM. At first we thought it was the transmission (be sure it's not- expensive!); had that checked out and it was fine (honest mechanic!) It continued to have trouble shifting and finally decided not to start one day. It needed a new fuel rail and fuel pump. Still had trouble after that and found out it was the computer that caused all of the fuel rail trouble which caused us to need a new fuel pump. OUCH!!!

Favorite Features

Lots of room, sturdy, good safety features, decent mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Better safety features (crash tests), and mostly a better engine. I have always loved the Chevy 6 cyl. and in the last two decades I have been terribly disappointed. I don't think I will get another.

Don't Buy One Unless You Are A Mechanic!
By Beeka79

2000 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Minivan

Worst vehicle my family ever owned, bought our van w/ 33,000 miles and never imagined we were buying a money pit! It has been a few years since we got rid of it, but I remember a tranny rebuild, intake manifold gasket failure, a bad compressor, ABS problems and others w/ brakes, power locks, wiper motors and blinkers going out constantly. Traded it for a Honda at 60k miles. Would love to give GM another chance. But this van failed my expectations. Bad bad memories of this van!

Money pit
By busymom

2000 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

Bought used at a dealership, had low mileage at the time. One thing after another has gone wrong. I can't even remember all I have had to replace. I am now told that there is "something" draining my battery, but it will cost too much to find problem. Now at 100,000 miles, transmission going out, gas gauge does not work, auto door lock/unlock on key ring stopped working, and air conditioning going out. I am looking for another car to replace this one. Major money pit! Will never buy another again, or any other Chevy vehicle. Left bad taste in my mouth and wallet.

Favorite Features

The room for the kids and their friends. I actually get really good gas mileage, average 23 mpg, but this is almost all hwy. It does hold a boat load of stuff.

Suggested Improvements

Pretty much everything under the hood. If you have to have work done, it costs more, because of the odd configuration and other parts have to come out to fix part you have to have fixed or replace.

Hit and Miss
By Dawn Coley

2000 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

Bought this used from a dealer. Were told the noise from the back when you turned off the engine was the air compressor, yes this has a compressor. Turned out they lied, the shocks had a leak. Have never been able to afford to get these fixed, because other more important parts were needing fixing. One repair after another for the first two years. Since I was broke from all the repairs could not afford a new car. The upkeep and repairs are brutal. Now at 100,000 miles all sorts of stuff breaking down. Keyless entry and locking mechanism stopped working. Gas gauge doesn't work. When it needs repairs very expensive because design of engine area many parts have to come out to repair what is broken.

Favorite Features

Only pluses I get great gas mileage and the tank is large. I get 570 miles for a 25 gallon tank. I can transport my kids and their friends in comfort and it holds a boat load of stuff.

Suggested Improvements

Everything mechanical.Make a family car to last.Obviously we are a family and can't afford to spend all of our money in car repairs, we need it for our family!

Bought mine NEW!!!
By Purchased New

2000 Chevrolet Venture LT 4dr Ext Minivan

Purchased vehicle new and added a 100,000 mile warranty. Glad I did. After 62,000 miles we had to replace the transmission. Great dealer service and no problems with transmission since! Several problems with what felt like transmission shifting problems. Local mechanic replaced the spark plugs and wires and this fixed the problem. Overall it has been a good, reliable vehicle for a young family of 5. Recently the van has had several mechanical faults costing a total of $2500. Now it has started smoking (from where I have NO idea). Will sell soon but have enjoyed the van.

Favorite Features

The power sliding passenger-side door is great for a family. The fuel economy (averages 23mpg) is good for a van. Smooth riding van.

Suggested Improvements

Interior fit and finish needs major improvement. Install useful cup holders up front.

Black Hole For Money - Run from this van
By Former GM Fan

2000 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

We bought this van after a deer totaled our 1996 Lumina sedan. We've owned 5 Chevrolets before this and all performed wonderfully for us.We needed a car immediately after the deer strike for my wife to drive to work and a good looking 2000 van sat in the lot of my home town dealer, so expecting another trouble free Chevy, we bought the Venture. What a mistake! Rebuilt transmission, replaced the infamous intake gasket, replaced the water pump, ABS quit working, headlights fill up with water when it rains, rear a/c quit, interior/exterior/headlights/tail lights go on and off at random, repair shops can't figure out why. Overheats in hills. No more GM vehicles for this former customer ever again

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats. Handles nicely. Lots of interior room. Does well on snowy roads. Very good sound system. Great gas mileage - we average 24.8 mpg combined city and highway. Good looks. Engine has plenty of power for very good performance.

Suggested Improvements

Try actually building some quality into your vehicles, GM!