1999 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Review: Spare Tire Falls Off!

1999 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Review

Spare Tire Falls Off!
By SPARE TIRE FALLS OFF on

1999 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

A few months ago, while pulling into my driveway, my spare tire fell off of its holder on the bottom of my van. The cable that holds it on rotted away. I also talked to someone else that said that they actually had one come off of a Venture they were driving behind on the highway, barley avoiding a serious accident! GM told me that they would not take care of me on this because the van is out of warranty and this is normal wear and tear for this vehicle. WOW! The transmission had to be replaced before the 50,000 mile mark. The fuel injectors stick on it. Many mechanics I have talked to say this is a very common problem in this vehicle. I will never buy another GM product!

I like the way the seats can be removed allowing me to convert from passenger to cargo. I also like the abundance of head room, this is the main reason we bought the van.

I think that GM should take some lessons from Toyota and Honda and be more quality conscious. Spare tires falling off and problems others and I have are the result of poor design!