1999 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
Love It!!!
By Anna on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

I have had my van for 3 years now, and my husband wants me to trade it in for a new sporty SUV. I can't-I have not found anything that compares to my van. I prefer the van to the SUV's. The van has everything I would want in an SUV (except the 4-wheel drive) for half of the price.

1999 Chevrolet Venture
By Kurtl042 on 09/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Venture LT 4dr Ext Minivan

Very versatile. I can take the seats out and haul logs, concrete, plywood, furniture, or major appliances with ease. Good gas mileage.

a great family vehicle
By JLA on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Venture 4dr Ext Minivan

A great family vehicle, not fun to drive-but comfortable.The suspension needs to be firmer.

Low Mileage Transmission Failure
By Janet on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

I recently purchased my 99 Chevy Venture after much research on the internet and after test driving many different manufacturers minivans. I have been very happy with this vehicle until my transmission abruptly broke. The vehicle only had 40,000 miles and I was advised that this was one of the top of the line transmissions built to last at least 100,000. The only findings were "mechanical breakdown". The repair shop advised that this was probably due to faulty workmanship when the car was put together.

No attention to detail
By Jkurth on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

Attention to detail has been sadly overlooked. I have had nothing but trouble with the elictrical system of this vehicle. I found the problems to be caused by the rear tail light assembly(s). They were not put together correctly at the factory and leaked water. Worse yet, I have had it in the Chevy dealer(s) multiple times for electrical problems. Each time I brought it in, they would charge me for repairs of the various electrical subsystems, but the problems would keep coming back. I found out the break lights were causing the problem getting a warning ticket. I took the breaks apart and found water and corrosion damage!

Underrated Minivan
By TheKidd on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

I have been shopping for a minivan for the last 6 months. I've done tons of research, test drove many vans.When I drove the Venture I was sold. Chevrolet has done a poor job of marketing this vehicle, I think it is a more sturdy and solid vehicle than the Dodge and Chryslers I drove.

Another gasket problem
By ddarpel on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Venture LT 4dr Ext Minivan

I used tolove this van - it is my second Venture. After a crash that totaled our first Venture, but left my family uninjured I bought this one without a second thought. At 35,000 miles the manifold gasket has failed and I have been without the van for three weeks waiting on parts. I've called Chevy and had to go tot the dealership's GM to get my rental upgraded to another van (they pulled a used one from stock!). Chevy really needs to re-design this gasket and recall for the repair, I'm out of warranty after about two more years!

I'd buy another
By dalbc on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Venture LT 4dr Ext Minivan

The van runs great, handles well, and is quite comfortable. Surprisingly, we often average 26 mpg on long highway- centric trips. The Venture has not disappointed us.

Beautiful
By NK on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Venture LT 4dr Ext Minivan

This is a beautiful car! Seats all my kids comfortably. I have heard bad things about the reliabilty. But we'll see if we have any problems in the future. So far so good!

Good Buy
By repol on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

Great Van. Drives well on trips. Not too noisy on the road. Could use some improvement