1999 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
injector problems
By problem child on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Venture 4dr Minivan

I have had nothing but problems with the fuel injectors on this van...i think it is a production problem with this!!!!!

Happy w/ 99 Venture
By jmp1970 on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

We love our Venture. We have had it almost a year, purchased new. We previously had Caravan and had an Odyssey for about 1 yr and had major problems that I was told were normal, NOT! I would buy another Venture when the time comes.

Venture
By HVP on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

GOOD RELIABLE MINIVAN WE HAD SOME PROBLEMS WITH THE AUTOMATIC SLIDING DOOR WHICH WAS FIXED AFTER 3 ATTEMPTS. OTHERWISE A GOOD CAR.

Manifold Gasket Problem
By FJ on 03/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Venture 4dr Minivan

Great ride, excellent features both interior and exterior, but under the hood a nightmare. Nice to hear I am not the only one who experienced an intake manifold gasket problem. Dealer just happened to find, yeah right, the manifold gasket was leaking when I brought the van in for recall on sliding door latch. Van had just over 47,000 miles at the time of repair, which is much too early for this failure. Very expensive to repair, but found an authorized service shop that replaced the gasket more economically than dealerhip. GM will not reimburse for repairs, I think is justified for a poor design. .

99 CHEVY VENTURE
By PLAYPEN95 on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

OUR CHEVY VENTURE IS WONDERFUL!!! it is a very comfortable ride. the children even love the van. they think its so cool with the sliding door, cd player,the seperate seating instead of one big all together seating, they seem to have more room. we have had a plymouth van in the past and it does not compare to the venture!! there has not been anything we have not love about the van as of yet. if you want a fully loaded minivan and the comfort of sitting home on your sofa, and a great, reliable van then the chevy venture is the one for you!!! hope you all enjoy your ride as much as we do.

First 500 miles
By Twocoast on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Venture 4dr Minivan

I bought this 99 at the end of 2002. So far so good, I see reviews of a gasket problem and hope that is an anomoly.

Chevy Venture - great 2nd car!
By jeeplover on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

Extended cab gives owner the ability to drive and have lots of space. Good and reliable. Good inner space and has few maintenance problems. Mine has 86K miles and has been no trouble. Front wheel drive requires a slower than normal start - no kicking this into 0- 60 in 6 seconds!! People confuse that issue for trans problems.

Nice Van - Very Frustrated Mechanically
By patjoja on 12/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

Bought this van new and have loved everything about it until I hit 60,000 miles. Simultaneously, the transmission had to be rebuilt, then the intake manifold gaskets were found to be leaking internally and externally. Fortunately the gasket problem was found soon enough so no major problems were caused by coolent in the oil. THIS IS A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH THIS ENGINE and the fix is not cheap. However the dealer is fixing it at no cost to me. GM knows this is a major problem and should issue a recall in my opinion.

Good, but in the shop a lot
By SFOBPH on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

I bought it because the price was right. I don't regret it, but it has been in the shop too often. Most fit and finish problems, but there was one serious engine problem.

LS Venture 99 with 180000 miles
By Juan Rodriguez on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

I bough my Chevrolet Venture on 08/01/1999 with 79 miles. I am driving 300 miles on Florida highway every day. I had to change the engine oil and filter every 5000 miles; transmission oil and filter every 60,000 miles; tune-up and O2 sensor at 110,000 miles. My Venture has 180,000 miles now and the engine still is very quiet. It is making 26 MPG on Highway and 19 MPG on city. Let see if it can make 300,000 miles with original engine and transmission. This is a true history.