1999 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
Very dependable
By grannytaxi on 08/17/11 15:25 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Venture 3dr Minivan

We have had a 1999 Venture for 8 years and have only had one major expenditure with it. It has nearly 170,000 miles now. It runs like a top and is getting better gas mileage (20-26 mpg) than when we first got it.

Not as good as I expected
By jumeplatt on 06/09/07 12:58 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Venture 3dr Minivan

I purchased the van with 55,000 on it so I expected it to be used and have minor repairs. The problems started with the intake gaskets blowing this turned out to be a very typical problem with the Venture; coolant deteriorates gaskets (Dex-Cool). Then there is the engine rattling also typical for the 3.4, caused by short piston skirts (design defect). Water pump went out ended up being related to the intake gaskets (Dex-Cool). Then there is the transmission hydraulic pressure defect that results in having to replace the transmission also typical of the 1999 Venture. These are all very costly repairs and I would not have purchased the van if I had known they were all so common to the Venture.

Great hauling vehicle
By Erik on 01/26/05 20:22 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Venture 3dr Minivan

I have never had a problem with the vehicle besides the intake manifold gasket. The vehicle is very reliable.It always starts on the coldest days and passes emissions. Great vehicle for going 2 the hardware store with except the chore of removing the seats.

Biggest piece of crap on the road
By quag on 03/16/02 15:20 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Venture 3dr Minivan

This car was junk; nothing more to say