1998 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
Solid Venture
By markusnow on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Venture LS 3dr Ext Minivan

Only standard maintenance items ever needed so far. Very reliable in our experience.

I Love my MV!!!
By MURO on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Venture LS 3dr Ext Minivan

The Venture rules!! I love this MV. I have test driven every van out there, and nothing handles or drives like the Venture. This van is tops for comfort, room, style, and power. As for reliability, my 1998 Venture has just hit the 79k mile mark, and the only repair has been a the replacement of the water pump. The only thing more reliable in life is my loving wife . . . get this van!!!!!

I'll drive this car 'til it falls apart!
By jjones on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Venture LS 3dr Ext Minivan

We bought this car new and have never questioned our decision once. We love it in every way possible. The integrated car seats have been wonderful with our four kids. I want this to be the car my 8 year old learns to drive in! And the grill doesn't bother me at all!

Vanessa
By Dragon on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Venture 3dr Minivan

This was our first mini-van and it turned out to be great for our needs. We traveled all over USA, the seats came out for cargo, rode comfortably, the V-6 was powerful enough and never gave us any trouble until it hit 75,000 miles (had to replace a couple fuel injectors and battery.) We liked it so much, we bought another one in 2002, this time an LS ext. with 4 doors....but we are keeping the 1998 Venture until our kids need a "newer" car.

Very Versatile
By Young Student on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Venture LS 3dr Ext Minivan

I am a college student, and I find the van very accommodating to my needs. I live 300 miles away from home, so long trips back are always emminent. The van is very comfortable to my long 'ventures' and allows me many options. I can remove many seats and haul with the capabilities of a pick up truck, but get the gas milege of a full size car. I'm also getting the height that I wanted from a SUV, but don't have to worry about the costly repairs 4 wheel drives require. I also can haul people that no other vehicle can compare to. I have had 9 prior cars trying to find the "perfect vehicle", and even though nothing is perfect, this is very close!!

What a lemon
By dadall1 on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Venture 3dr Minivan

I've had nothing but expensive problems with this van ever since the warranty ran out at 36K miles (coincidence?). The service engine light was on for well over a year while my garage tried to find the cause. I paid for everything from new spark plugs/cables to an oxygen sensor to an ignition control switch (just to name a few things) while they performed exploratory surgery on my van and now at just over 73K miles, they are telling me the transmission is kaput. No wonder Ford's motto is "Quality is job 1" because it's obviously NOT GM's.

Chevy venture van
By airplane on 09/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Venture LS 3dr Minivan

this van i have had has been somewhat reliable but from now on i would not buy anything but honda or toyota unless they really made american cars more reliable.

Solid Family Fun
By TKDdad on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Venture 3dr Ext Minivan

After four years and over 50,000 miles with four kids in the family, it is still going strong. We have had no significant problems after the dealership took care of a few nuisance noises. Now the problem is keeping my wife from buying a new one with the video screen for the kids.

Great Van!
By chuckyanne on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Venture 3dr Minivan

We have three little kids (including a set of twins) and this van works great for us. We have four doors which is wonderful for getting them all in and out easily. We bought it used and with high miles, but we haven't had any problems with it. It's definitely Chevy quality!

Wife doesn't want to trade it in.....
By wtm on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Venture LS 3dr Ext Minivan

We liked it so well we are trading it in on a 2002. Very versatile for my scoccer mom wife..... Really liked the versatility of modular seats. On long road trips we would fold the driver side middle seat down (folding the back down makes the back completely flat) and strap on a TV/VCR for the kids and head down the road. Mom & I would plug in the headphones and listen to books on tape. Worked great!! Only problem that we ever had in four years was that the power sliding door got out of sync once. The dealer unplugged the power and pluged it back in to re-set (no charge)..... and we were on our way.