Used 1998 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

1998 Chevrolet Venture

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

Let Down
By Let Down

1998 Chevrolet Venture 3dr Ext Minivan

This was a demo vehicle when I purchased it, but I was the first owner. Its styling, spacious interior, and solid feel sold me on it. I loved this minivan. It started every time I turned the key. It was good on fuel and on long trips. It was just a very reliable minivan aside from having to replcd the brake pads annually. However, when the odometer turned to 50K then its radio died & I had to rplace the driver-side window regulator. After the odometer turned 60K the oil pump went, then the main bearing; thus, the motor is kaput. I am really disappointed in the piece of junk GM put under the hood. It is dead in the driveway. I currently have a 06 Uplander; it will be sold! Never again Chevy

Spacious interior

New engine

Just OK
By TXEng

1998 Chevrolet Venture 3dr Ext Minivan

Bought the Venture new, fortunately with extended warranty, which paid for itself. Under warranty the AC compressor failed (defective from factory). I had the same intake gasket problem others have mentioned. The dash climate control failed and had to be replaced. There are indeed too many plastic parts and not solidly attached. Passenger side electric window is not working now. But have about 120,000 miles on it, and it is comfortable and roomy and otherwise served our family well.

Seats easy to remove and replace. Good gas mileage. Ample power. Plenty of room for cargo when needed.

More reliable mechanical design.

Satisfied Owner
By Satisfied Owner

1998 Chevrolet Venture 3dr Minivan

We bought this van at 72,000 miles. We now have 138,000 on it and it is still driving well. We are ready to dispose of it because we decided to buy an SUV. We are guessing it will drive for another 80,000 miles. We loved the Venture. We have travelled hundreds of miles each time from one state to another. We never had a breakdown. The only complaint is the driver side window gear failed. We would consider buying another Venture again in the future.

Roominess. Temperature controls on the front and rear. All four seats in the back can be removed.

Windows that work better.

Nine Years and Still Going
By jjsouth

1998 Chevrolet Venture LS 3dr Ext Minivan

I bought this car new and feel like it's part of the family. There have been small things that go wrong. I had the intake gasket repair ($800) that all GM cars have. My headlight covers have fallen off ($150) and the power sliding door has gone through a few repairs ($400) and is now completely broken. However, given that over the 9 years, I've only paid about $3500-$4000 for non-maintanence repairs. My mechanic says he would buy this van from me if I ever decide to sell it. I love it. At 119,000, it's still going strong. I hope to have it for many more years.

The integrated child safety seats (I have two).

GM really should change the intake gasket problem or help people with the repair cost.

One of the best vehicles I owned
By candymoreno

1998 Chevrolet Venture 3dr Minivan

I really liked the smooth rider and it is really quiet going down the road. I have never been strained by the van. I have had regular maintence to keep up on the worth of the van. Nothing out of the norm. I really like the design of it and I don't have the power doors. I like that I control the door opening and shutting.

Design

Make maintence easier for the do-it yourself people, female sauve!